Clay Matthews unhappy with Packers

dannobanano

Reaction score
"They told me there was no room for me."

Matthews Unhappy

I think it's sour grapes on his part to be spouting this now. He could have said something much earlier than this.

He'd have taken less money? How much "less money"?

It doesn't show Clay in a very positive light. Just say'in.

Matthews pretty much to me said yeah I wanted to be able to keep mailing in my last few years in GB and get paid to keep doing nothing. He said he wanted was willing to come back for less but yet wanted to see what the market held for him. IMO his paycut would be him taking what the market would pay and nothing less. He knew he would not get 12 million again so if the market paid 4-5 million that's what his paycut would be he would have not taken less from GB had another team offered more IMO.

he would have been the best inside linebacker on the roster.

He did his best at ILB and I think would have worked out well there now. Was a big mistake to move him back outside where he did next to nothing. The year he was moved inside, he changed that defense a quite a bit. I don't understand moving him back outside, but assume part of it was him wanting to moved back.

Matthews is a guy at this point were he plays limited snaps to keep him healthy and only out there on a passing down. Ram's D is good enough were he could be free against the QB and get 5-7 sacks on the year I think which if he is playing limited role would be decent

Back