Craziest Draft Ever?

Terranimal

Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a wild draft. With 5 potential Qbs going top or maybe even picks 1-5.

Then add in the super crop of 4 high impact rated WRs.

Then there is Pitts. Listed as a TE but really is a WR and is listed as second best player of the draft behind Lawrence on many boards.

We already had trades happen pre draft and there are rumor talk of others for either Pitts, Chase, or the QBs. Should be anything but a boring first round.

Should mention there is also some teams looking to trade down too. And I wouldn't rule out some team looking to trade back into bottom of Rd 1 to get that 5th yr option on one of the second tier QBs

I think they hype of Mac Jones is very overrated I think he may not end up going top 10. I think you will see Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance go 1-4. Then you will have non-QBs go. if Jones is not taken by Denver he could slid to mid 1st round 14-15 range. Also none of the 2nd tier QBs IMO are worthy of 1st round they could all be mid 2nd to late 2nd round QBs.

Trask probably has best chance of maybe some team trading back at end of one to have that 5th yr option on the cheap.

An interesting thought. If the playing expectancy for a QB is ten years, that would mean that roughly 3+ QBs drafted every year would need to be of starting caliber. But, it never seems to turn out that way. Right now, around the league, guys retiring, and playing at what we could call "beyond their expiration date" is huge. A lot of guys waiting in the wings to replace them certainly aren't starter material.

That's one of the reasons I believe this year has produced so many "potentially" good QBs for the NFL. The reserve pot is getting kind of thin, and guys like Love have yet to show if they even deserve to wear the uniform.

That's what's creating a wonky draft in so many ways. Out of those top 5, how many of them will really be a top 5 pick? Hard to say. If it's 3, or 4, they've hit the normal year's average.

Actually it would be history to have first 3 picks in a row be QB, much less 4-5 in row, top 10

I think they hype of Mac Jones is very overrated I think he may not end up going top 10. I think you will see Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance go 1-4. Then you will have non-QBs go. if Jones is not taken by Denver he could slid to mid 1st round 14-15 range. Also none of the 2nd tier QBs IMO are worthy of 1st round they could all be mid 2nd to late 2nd round QBs.
NE would love to see Jones still on the board at 14-15.

An interesting thought. If the playing expectancy for a QB is ten years, that would mean that roughly 3+ QBs drafted every year would need to be of starting caliber.

this is the same as my line of reasoning. and i think the number is closer to 4 or 5 per year. there just aren't that many available and that's why you end up with so many first round qbs that bust.

Reactions: TW
Trask is not worth trading up for. Hell he’s more limited than Mac Jones
He’s a project that may never develop.
Great measurable, but lots of things that need work.
Pitts, Toney, and Grimes made him look good in 2020

He’s a project that may never develop.
Great measurable, but lots of things that need work.
Pitts, Toney, and Grimes made him look good in 2020
Agree. Especially on the last part. His arm strength is at best average and he’s a statue in the pocket. You can get away with that somewhat at the D1 level but not the NFL.

Reactions: TW
Back