Deebo

Terranimal

Reaction score
Beyond my understanding, Packers are one of the teams interested in trading for Samuel. He is going to be right in that Adams, Kupp, Hill, etc salary range and in his last year of rookie deal.

Then there is the compensation package 9ers will want for him.

Imo we need these picks to restock and upgrade some positions and can't see how we can afford both what his salary will cost and compensation package.

I sure hope they arent stupid enough to go after Deebo.........what a waste of resources that would be.

I sure hope they arent stupid enough to go after Deebo.........what a waste of resources that would be.
You never know with Gutey and the crew. I would hope they stand pat with their picks but nothing will surprise me with this front office.

It's media click bait BS that the Packers are interested IMO. Packers do not have cap room to trade and sign for him. Packers have $14 million left. You need about $5 million for draft picks, $5 million or so for cap cushion, and $2-3 million for PS players. So GB has no room and no one to clear cap space for. Adams Cap space this year is $8 million with Raiders GB has no way to get that much cap space to trade for and sign Deebo. All the Deebo to GB talk is media people looking for clicks.

Plus you will have to give up a 1st round pick and other later picks to get him. Samuel is not worth the high price in picks and contract to get for him. I would rather have the players we can draft and have cheap for the next 4 years and gamble on them then gamble on on highly paid WR.

Last edited:
It seems that Samuel isn't thrilled with the amount of hits he's been taking as a utility player. According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, Samuel isn't "comfortable" with the way the 49ers are using him.

"There are some questions and some frustrations from his standpoint about this usage," Rapoport said Wednesday on NFL Network. "He takes a lot of hits, used like a running back, put all over the field and it just does not sound like he's comfortable with the way he's being used."

If he only wants to be used as a pure WR is he a elite WR? Is he worth what he wants?

It seems that Samuel isn't thrilled with the amount of hits he's been taking as a utility player. According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, Samuel isn't "comfortable" with the way the 49ers are using him.

"There are some questions and some frustrations from his standpoint about this usage," Rapoport said Wednesday on NFL Network. "He takes a lot of hits, used like a running back, put all over the field and it just does not sound like he's comfortable with the way he's being used."

If he only wants to be used as a pure WR is he a elite WR? Is he worth what he wants?
Utility player, WR only - doesn't matter; he's not an elite player. He's good, but he's not elite IMHO. He had good stats in 2021, because they had so many injuries to RB's they had to use him a lot more than normal which padded those stats.

As stated in original post couldn't see us doing this for those reasons but left one more reason out...9ers wouldn't want to face Deebo of Pack if both make playoffs.

An AFC team like Jets would make more sense for all the reasons we don't make sense.

Some things did find out after Adams was traded was the Pack did offer to pay him what Raiders did or close to it, but Adams really wanted to go play w his best friend Carr

Back