Do the Bucks Strike Fear Into Their Opponents

oakleaf

Reaction score
On ESPN Scottie Pippen responded with this when asked whether the Bucks strike fear into their opponents:

“Not quite. Not yet. Giannis is bringing a lot, but in this league you have to have two megastars. That’s when people fear you… you have to have some dominant players and when I look at the Milwaukee Bucks, they’ve really got one dominant player."

The Bucks may not have two megastars but they do have their "Big Three". Antetokounmpo dominating the paint, Middleton roaming the perimeter and dominance in the mid-range and Bledsoe stroking it from all over the court seems to be fairly terrorizing! I love it when the three team up during postgame interviews. They really seem to be having fun together and they are fun to watch!

Thing is seems in league you can have 2 Superstars but then have rest of the roster filled out with cheap players. Bucks it seems have gone route if they can keep Giannis will be to have one Superstar and have several good to above average players giving the team depth.

Thing is seems in league you can have 2 Superstars but then have rest of the roster filled out with cheap players. Bucks it seems have gone route if they can keep Giannis will be to have one Superstar and have several good to above average players giving the team depth.
Middleton and Bledsoe as not good to above average players, they are All Star caliber guys. When you look back at GS they had 3 "superstars" who could share the scoring load. Go back to Lebron he basically carried Cleveland, yeah Kyrie was a "superstar" but was inconsistent. Toronto had one "superstar" in Kawhi but the sum or the parts made them special, look what their bench like Van Vleet brought in the playoffs. Matchups matter

I get what Pippen was staying. The playoffs are a whole different animal, game slows down and matchups matter more. Davis and Lebron can dominate a series, So can Kawhi and George. Can you play this pace and win when I gets to be a half court game? I think the difference this year more than last is depth. Add in to guys like Hill and Iilyasova and Connaughton , DiVincenzo is a key guy off the bench, Korver can shoot and R. Lopez gives depth up front

Middleton and Bledsoe as not good to above average players, they are All Star caliber guys. When you look back at GS they had 3 "superstars" who could share the scoring load. Go back to Lebron he basically carried Cleveland, yeah Kyrie was a "superstar" but was inconsistent. Toronto had one "superstar" in Kawhi but the sum or the parts made them special, look what their bench like Van Vleet brought in the playoffs. Matchups matter

I get what Pippen was staying. The playoffs are a whole different animal, game slows down and matchups matter more. Davis and Lebron can dominate a series, So can Kawhi and George. Can you play this pace and win when I gets to be a half court game? I think the difference this year more than last is depth. Add in to guys like Hill and Iilyasova and Connaughton , DiVincenzo is a key guy off the bench, Korver can shoot and R. Lopez gives depth up front
Yes, Middleton and Bledsoe having All-star years! I agree with depth. Interesting stat is minutes per game. Giannis at 30.6, Middleton at 28.3 and Bledsoe at 26.1. These are low numbers. Another amazing stat IMO is 114 pts per 100 possessions when Giannis is in, AND when Giannis is on the bench!

The Bucks are winning games by the largest margin in NBA history. They are on pace for the 2nd or 3rd best record ever all while minimizing minutes played for all their players. The also now have the longest streak of games scoring over 100. Fear may not be the right word but teams know they are in for a battle every time they play Milwaukee.

The Bucks are winning games by the largest margin in NBA history. They are on pace for the 2nd or 3rd best record ever all while minimizing minutes played for all their players. The also now have the longest streak of games scoring over 100. Fear may not be the right word but teams know they are in for a battle every time they play Milwaukee.
I’m still a bit uneasy about the playoffs. I think they win the East but it won’t be a waltz. Boston defends them so well and if Embid is back that’s a interesting matchup. Game slows down so much in the playoffs

I sure hope they make the finals I think if they make it means 80% Giannis signs supermax they win title 101% he signs it.

I’m still a bit uneasy about the playoffs. I think they win the East but it won’t be a waltz. Boston defends them so well and if Embid is back that’s a interesting matchup. Game slows down so much in the playoffs
Bucks are a top defense as well as a top offense so that makes it easier for them when the game slows down. Also Giannis has developed the mid range fade away and the 3 point shot this year which helps when they get into a half court game. The last team to dominate like Milwaukee is was the warriors and while it wasn’t a cake walk they did win it all. All that said I understand there are no guarantees and that is why they play the games. Something about the chemistry of this team makes me think they can do it.

I believe the coaching staff realizes that the season takes a toll on the players, and that they need to cut their minutes over the course of the season, to keep them in top shape when the playoffs start. It also gives you more insight into your bench players, and you can use them more effectively.

As an example, the usage of DiVincenzo, Hill, and even Matthews, along with Robin Lopez, shows that the Bucks are spreading the load, to find hot hands, and use them, more effectively. Last year, the bench fell silent, too often, at critical times, and guys in the top 7 were asked to do a lot more.

If nothing else, the strength across the board is the biggest improvement in this team. Even Bender is beginning to show signs that he's learning the game.

Bucks by blowing lot of teams out are giving Giannis his fewest minutes played per game since his rookie year. He has not played 35+ minutes since late November and only has played 35+ 9 times all year. So you are keeping him fresh without having to sit him out whole games to give him rest.

Back