Draft Thoughts: Further Review/Plan B

Terranimal

Reaction score
Ok after some sleep and going back over my notes and ratings, feel better about two of our 3 picks so far. Also there is talent left on the board.

Backing up. Going into draft had needs broke into 3 Categories: Must Have,Need and Wants.

Must have C/G, #2 WR (on list for years).

Needs: LBer, Safety, or Corner w size and speed to cover the new hybrid TEs and so on.

Improve Run Stopper, whether that's DL or ILBer.

Wants: OT, RB, Nickleback, Edge, DL, Slot WR, Corner (not listed in order of priority)

Back to Picks.

Stokes: Liked him but had him for 2nd rd. But with run on Corner and where we picked in rd 2 made sense to take there. Has chance to be a Shutdown Corner and willing tackler. Only concern is if his body with his build and tackling bigger WRs/TEs is possible injury concern. That could be said for many players though. Better in Man/Press then Zone.

Center/Guard JoshMyers. Was mine (and others) 4th rated Center. Had him rated rd 3/4. Had Humphries and Mienertz rated higher as did many others. A bit puzzling also is Gute likes speed and he ran a 5.30 40 slower and less weight then the other two. Not sure but maybe he has explosive first step and quick feet which Packers like in their OL.

Rodgers. Value Pick where we got him as was rated higher. Sure most know the positives on him so will only list negatives. That is small catch radius, inconsistent hands, needs to get better against contested passes. Some compare him to Cobb.

Who's Left:

This is my number 1 target and would even do a trade up to get him.

Corner Tre Brown. If taller could have been a 1st rd pick. Good tackler, good speed. Mark had him in his Mock. He would be my Nickle/Slot Back against those smaller/faster WRs and RBs.

RBs: I expect a big run here in rd 4 so all might be gone by our pick in either 4 or 5.

Tre Sermon 6' 215 4.5 Ohio St.

Rhomoda Stephenson 6' 246 4.6 Hard runner move the chains guy.

Jeret Patterson. 5'6.5 215 4.5 Buff Falls because of his height but productive,tough runner w hands and blocks. Really like him and have a feeling on him. Has a chance to be a Jones replacement later imo.

NT/DT Kyhiris Tonga 6'3" 320 5.0 BYU iK a NT right? Undervalued these days.

However, go back to our SB teams and high ranking Defenses and we had a good NT/DT.

This guy has a good motor, occupies double teams, run stopper. He won't have the sacks, yet is always in backfield. Having a player like this frees up LBers to stop run or get QB. Would allow Clark to get more one on ones at DE and be moved around. Have him in rd 5/6 area.

This is just a highlighted list.

I agree that RB is likely and Patterson is kinda intruiging. I wouldn't mind a late round flyer on him. I think Sermon will go before 142 so they need to trade up for him, but who knows.

Agree on getting a true NT but it doesn't seem like the Packers go there.

Regarding RB’s.
Can’t believe that Michael Carter is still there.
RB’s Packers have interviewed include Jermar Jefferson and Javian Hawkins

I still think if a bigger body WR with decent RAS slides, you might see GB make that pick too

Didn't pay attention much last night after the Packers pick. Tre Sermon came off the board after that so not an option for day 3.

Back