ESPN On Packers "Something is amiss here."

They need to get this figured out or get healthy during the bye, because it appears the teeth of our schedule will be from Nov 1 until the week before Thanksgiving. At 6-0 Denver, at 5-0 Carolina, Lions at home, at MN. Three extremely tough road games against winning teams. I don't think this will happen but 1-3 through that stretch could happen if they don't start playing with more consistency, flow and creativity on offense.

They need to get this figured out or get healthy during the bye, because it appears the teeth of our schedule will be from Nov 1 until the week before Thanksgiving. At 6-0 Denver, at 5-0 Carolina, Lions at home, at MN. Three extremely tough road games against winning teams. I don't think this will happen but 1-3 through that stretch could happen if they don't start playing with more consistency, flow and creativity on offense.

i could easily see us going 2-2 through those four games. it is clearly the most difficult sequence of games this season. if it wasn't for the fact that we are usually pretty good in our first game back from a bye, i would pretty much write off the game at denver. playing an unbeaten team on their home field - a high-altitude environment that they are used to playing in - just seems like a lot to overcome. it will be interesting to see what kind of game we play there.

The good news with Denver is they are almost last in rushing on offense and Manning has been horribly inconsistent. Already has 10 picks. Hopefully our defense can hold them in the teens for points.

It is the offense against that defense that I am more concerned with. (Did I just say that? :confused:)

Their games have really been decided by points scored BY the defense - not just points off of TOs, but pick-6s and fumble returns. If there is one thing AR prides himself on it's not turning the ball over. I don't know how well we'll be able to move the ball against them but I'm hopeful we won't turn it over. Also, as good as their pass D is, they haven't played a top end QB yet and it's not close so that will be an interesting matchup. At least GB's pass D has had to deal with Russ Wilson and Phil Rivers so far.

Good point, RP.

They say Manning will do what Rivers did. Short quick passes and check downs to the running backs.
I say bring a safety up to stop the run but also cover the short passes with zone and man to man. (Mix it up) Have one safety deep and make Manning beat you over the top. Manning is not as accurate as Rivers and his arm is not as strong anymore. We can have interceptions against him. Field position and turnovers will be a premium against Denver and may be our best offense.

You can't take anything Skip Clueless says about GB and Rodgers in particular. He has openly shown his disdain for AR ever since The Divorce. I will not watch that show or any clips of it online. thumbsdown))

Wow. Truth is perspective. As many have touched on, WR/TE injuries have gutted our depth. Raji and Burnett out on the defensive side. STs have performed well after some early season angst with Masthay. Skippy has always had an axe to grind with the Pack (at least for the last 8 yrs). We're 6-0, offense has played well at times, defense has played well at times. The bar has been placed so high for this team that sometimes we're jumping at shadows. I'm not saying everything is hunky dory, but heading into the bye undefeated with some (hopefully) minor injuries? I like where my team is at.

IMO we need Adams back the most. Neither he nor Cobb is a #1, but with both back it puts JJ into the #3 WR and he is lethal there. Along with the other ankles (Lacy, Monty) healing you couldn't have placed this bye in a better place. Sorry if this is too optimistic, but we are in a good place.

i could easily see us going 2-2 through those four games. it is clearly the most difficult sequence of games this season. if it wasn't for the fact that we are usually pretty good in our first game back from a bye, i would pretty much write off the game at denver. playing an unbeaten team on their home field - a high-altitude environment that they are used to playing in - just seems like a lot to overcome. it will be interesting to see what kind of game we play there.

Even 2-2 in the next 4 games wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd be 8-2 at that point and we'd be a heavy favorite in at least 4 of the remaining 6 games. Barring another rash of injuries (or 1 to Rodgers), 12-4 seems almost a worse case scenario.

That Denver game will be interesting. They have the best defense in the league, but their offense is pretty brutal. I'll be very disappointed if the Packers offense doesn't shut them down almost completely. I think whoever wins the turnover differential wins that game.

ST's will be at a premium also, Jeremy.

We need to win the battle of field position. That will help the offense score some points against a very good defense.

Back