Ex-Packers coach Mike McCarthy eyes NFL return in 2020

1 - Carolina, 2 - Washington, 3- Pittsburgh if the wheels come off their season.

1 - Carolina, 2 - Washington, 3- Pittsburgh if the wheels come off their season.
Just my take ...Washington ..I dont think McCarthy wants the Dan Snyder headache. Carolina all depends on the QB situation. I agree he fits the Tepper model but its a rebuild now unless they address the QB issue. Pitt, Tomlin is safe.

Why Atlanta? Blank will leave him alone, QB and WR is solid as is TE, pieces are there

Last edited:
Team that might be good fit for him could be Giants. Young Qb to work with.

Top jobs for MM IMO

1. Giants
2. Panthers
3. Falcons
4. Jaguars
5. Cowboys

If I had more knowledge of Tomlin's contract I'd probably agree with you. I just think Tomlin might want a change. He's under 50, and has a lot of years ahead of him, and a solid track record. He's locked in through 2021? I think? But I'd guess there's a buyout at the end of this year if they don't want to continue.

He's a good coach. It's just that there is a time to move on. I do like that Atlanta opportunity for McCarthy. Lots of tools in that belt. They just need to find a way to utilize them. He could do it, I think.

I knew one guy who used to work in the organization and he really liked Blank as an owner. He said the guy was very personable to him. That means a lot for coaches and front office. I can see where McCarthy would like that.

Washington, Carolina, Atlanta, Dallas, Cleveland, Detroit

Any of these could be in play.
Mike has a buffet of selections

MM and buffet in the same sentence just seems so natural

My guess is Carolina, because Tepper has those ties to Pittsburgh and MM is a "Pittsburgh Tough" guy which could appeal to Tepper.
As far as the QB situation goes, my feeling is that they will hire the coach first and then (along with the new HC) decide what to do with the QB situation. To me, that order of doing things makes sense regardless of which new HC you hire.

Also, the advantage of hiring MM is that he's available right now, so you get a jump on things and can make some of the other coaching hires as well.

Just my take ...Washington ..I dont think McCarthy wants the Dan Snyder headache. Carolina all depends on the QB situation. I agree he fits the Tepper model but its a rebuild now unless they address the QB issue. Pitt, Tomlin is safe.

Why Atlanta? Blank will leave him alone, QB and WR is solid as is TE, pieces are there

I'd have to agree on the Atlanta gig with Ryan at QB

Back