Former Packers offensive lineman Josh Sitton retiring from NFL

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Former Packers lineman Josh Sitton, a starter on the Super Bowl champion team of 2010, announced Thursday that he's retiring from the NFL.

home

Continue reading...

Gotta say, before hearing him on Wilde and Tausch yesterday morning, I'd forgotten he was even in the league still.

Good on him for getting his money and getting out at the right time. He's been injured a fair amount the last few years and I suspect he found there was little market for him, especially before the draft. After the draft he might have found a couple of suitors but probably for money that was starting to approach vet minimum.

As much as I hated to see him and Lang leave GB, the Packers made the right call in moving on from both of them.

As much as I hated to see him and Lang leave GB, the Packers made the right call in moving on from both of them.
Yep Sitton had one good year in Chicago and hit the wall quick after that with injuries. Also Lang too he got big money in Detroit and injuries really took him out too. But really outside of Rodgers the Packers are not known to go and hand out 3rd contracts to players because of the huge risk of injury and age to them.

Yep Sitton had one good year in Chicago and hit the wall quick after that with injuries. Also Lang too he got big money in Detroit and injuries really took him out too. But really outside of Rodgers the Packers are not known to go and hand out 3rd contracts to players because of the huge risk of injury and age to them.

Agree, and that likely means that Daniels will be leaving soon as well.

Only current OL I can see very willingly give a third contract too will be Bak as his contract expires after 2020 and you don't let top LT walk out the door.

Back