Free Agent's That Will Help The Packers in 2019

ChampionshipBelt

Reaction score
What holes do we need to fill and who would you fill them with in FA?

I only have three areas that I feel could be difference makers and they are all on Defense. Defensive Line, OLB, and Safety. On Offense, I just do not see any WR's or O-Lineman that I am in love with in FA.

D-Line
Richardson could be available if Vikings do not resign.

DeMarcus Lawrence- 27 years old- 58 tackles, 9 sacks, 21 QB Hits (Most likely too expensive)
Richardson- 28 years old- 47 tackles, 5 sacks, 15 QB Hits
Fowler- 25 years old- 26 tackles, 4 sacks, 5 QB Hits (Looks like Matthews stats but he is younger and more upside)

OLB
Smith could be an option if Washington does not decide to pay him. Most likely Ford and Clowney may not be available.

Clowney- 26 years old- 37 tackles, 8 sacks, 17 QB Hits (I know but it is fun to dream)
Dee Ford- 28 years old- 45 tackles, 12 sacks, 17 QB Hits
Preston Smith- 26 years old- 47 tackles, 4 sacks, 16 QB Hits

Safety
None of these players will break the bank and will be a great upgrade over Williams, IMO

Tyrann Mathieu- 27 years old 82 tackles, 3 sacks, and 2 INTS
Landon Collins- 25 years old 96 tackles, 1 FF
Adrian Phillips- 27 years old 73 tackles, 1 INTS
Tre Boston- 27 years old 69 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 INTS

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Bad bad yr for FA help. Don't see a difference maker in your group. We don't need guys because you want FA. We talent that can turn the game.

Free agency, in general, isn’t the cornucopia that it once was.
Now days teams work hard to keep their best FA’s, even if it means overpaying them.
Those that do hit the market are mostly near over or over the Hill age wise blue chip, or they are second tier players.
As a personnel man you have to really have your ducks in a row if your going to get a player that can help you rather than a Walmart brand bandaid.

Imo after further review this draft is very good.for Defense.

If going free agency would look more towards OL help, though don't know who or what positions on OL will be available

You could probably add Earl Thomas to the Safety list. Of course, he wants badly to play for Dallas. Great player, but that leg is scary.

Bad bad yr for FA help. Don't see a difference maker in your group. We don't need guys because you want FA. We talent that can turn the game.

Agree bad year for FA plus GB still won't compare to many clubs who will have a lot more cap space to throw money at a lot of the guys at top of FA lists.

Agree bad year for FA plus GB still won't compare to many clubs who will have a lot more cap space to throw money at a lot of the guys at top of FA lists.

Yes, and No.

It depends on what position/player the Packers focus on, and how deep the competitions pockets for that player are.

Skill positions? No way the Packers will compete.

DL positions? Doubt GB will compete.

OL and Safety positions? There is a couple groups that GB just might be able to compete for.

I just don't see DL has one of the highest needs; Daniels and Clark are solid, Wilkerson showed flashes, and we have some depth.
IMHO we need an edge rusher (Matthews/Perry not getting it done), Safety, and OL (average starters, no depth).

I just don't see DL has one of the highest needs; Daniels and Clark are solid, Wilkerson showed flashes, and we have some depth.
IMHO we need an edge rusher (Matthews/Perry not getting it done), Safety, and OL (average starters, no depth).
Can’t see Wilkerson back after that injury

I'd think Landon Collins would be a good pick up. Better than anything we have now and scheme flexible.

Back