Funchess Opts Out.

We need to realize that as we get closer to camp, and even during camp, some players will opt out for the year, for various reasons. Then there's those who will test positive, and end up on the shelf. I wonder how soon those who get it will actually be allowed to play again. Unknown territory.

We don't need know stinkin' receivers!

Didn't need them for Favre, didn't need them for Rodgers, don't need them for Rodgers, certainly won't need them for Love.

elephant) Pink elephants? already? Oh well, it's 5 O'Clock somewhere.

Well if we throw the ball 10 times a game just target Adams 8 times and Lazard 2 then run the ball 30 times a game LOL

We need to realize that as we get closer to camp, and even during camp, some players will opt out for the year, for various reasons. Then there's those who will test positive, and end up on the shelf. I wonder how soon those who get it will actually be allowed to play again. Unknown territory.
Players have until August 3rd to opt out.

They'll opt out after August 3rd as well. There's nothing that could force them to play. I doubt very much the teams, nor the league, would want to start retaliating against anyone who did. All they'd lose is a little money.

They'll opt out after August 3rd as well. There's nothing that could force them to play. I doubt very much the teams, nor the league, would want to start retaliating against anyone who did. All they'd lose is a little money.
They choose not to play after the August 3rd deadline they do not qualify for the advance money and their contract tolls even if they are high risk they can't make up their own rules. NFL or NFLPA won't allow a player to decide 1 week before the season to opt out.

Think outside the box for a minute. It isn't just about them. If a member of their family gets sick, it could cause them to want out. Other types of family difficulties can happen. The kind that says they can't stay in Green Bay, as an example, while their family has problems in let's say Texas. So many things that can cause them to lose focus.

As far as their contracts, I can just picture an organization telling a guy he can't leave when his wife living in Georgia has the virus, and is going into hospital. Imagine how that would play out in the press, and the reaction from players.

Teams just need to expect that some players will leave for various reasons, and go on with the season. Others of course will be out because of them getting the virus, or being quarantined. Imagine going into quarantine on Friday, and not being eligible to play on Sunday. Gonna happen.

Think outside the box for a minute. It isn't just about them. If a member of their family gets sick, it could cause them to want out. Other types of family difficulties can happen. The kind that says they can't stay in Green Bay, as an example, while their family has problems in let's say Texas. So many things that can cause them to lose focus.

As far as their contracts, I can just picture an organization telling a guy he can't leave when his wife living in Georgia has the virus, and is going into hospital. Imagine how that would play out in the press, and the reaction from players.

Teams just need to expect that some players will leave for various reasons, and go on with the season. Others of course will be out because of them getting the virus, or being quarantined. Imagine going into quarantine on Friday, and not being eligible to play on Sunday. Gonna happen.
I think you will see more players on teams out of contention opting out / IR. Teams have stashed players on IR for years. Will it be widespread no in don’t think so. Now how it will be handled at team / organization level remains to be see. It’s a delicate balance, far from an easy decision

Reactions: TW
Back