Game 7

Are you telling me that the results on the floor, accomplished by the players, doesn't determine whether or not a coach is kept? I won't even discuss that question, because we all know that no matter what, team failure is always blamed on the coaching staff.
And coaches put players in the best possible positions to win. Also subs. Look at Nash. He was awful last night. Why Green did not get minutes to guard Giannis is beyond me. He played 13 minutes with zero shots? The same guy who went 7-8 from 3 in game 5. He sat Griffin in game 5 which was baffling.

Results on the floor is determined by many factors. As is fact in football also. Yes results in the floor is the standard but it’s also coaching

Coach is usually the cheapest easiset option to let the axe fall on. Star players are harder to blame by ownership and teams often dont' want to eat the money if they can avoid it.
It’s also easier to can 1 guy not 13. But in basketball with 5 players coaches get exposed a bit more.

And coaches put players in the best possible positions to win. Also subs. Look at Nash. He was awful last night. Why Green did not get minutes to guard Giannis is beyond me. He played 13 minutes with zero shots? The same guy who went 7-8 from 3 in game 5. He sat Griffin in game 5 which was baffling.

Results on the floor is determined by many factors. As is fact in football also. Yes results in the floor is the standard but it’s also coaching
This was a strange series both coaches played a super short bench mainly using 1 bench player for the majority of mintues.

This was a strange series both coaches played a super short bench mainly using 1 bench player for the majority of mintues.
I get the rationale on a short bench but to sit Green was a bit baffling

The one other change vs Philadelphia or Atlanta is the bench should get longer. Portis was a liability on defense vs Brooklyn not so much this round. Same with Forbes, not as much length to bother him

or the future hall-of-fame player.
I'd already been hearing some of that. I just shake my head. His knock is free throws. He shoots about 9.5 per game. If he made one more per game, he'd be at about 80%, and nobody would say a word. That's ONE POINT A GAME.

Instead, they like to point out a specific game where he had a bad night and say; "See?"

I see Pack's point about playing the 76ers. We match up better. Atlanta is a bunch of upstart young guns who are unpredictable. They just do things, then think about it later.

I'd already been hearing some of that. I just shake my head. His knock is free throws. He shoots about 9.5 per game. If he made one more per game, he'd be at about 80%, and nobody would say a word. That's ONE POINT A GAME.

Instead, they like to point out a specific game where he had a bad night and say; "See?"

I see Pack's point about playing the 76ers. We match up better. Atlanta is a bunch of upstart young guns who are unpredictable. They just do things, then think about it later.
The FT thing is such an interesting conversation. When you see him warm up he takes very little time just shoots and looks pure. In game he just overthinks the process.

I would like a more consistent mid range game but that will come

Reactions: TW
The FT thing is such an interesting conversation. When you see him warm up he takes very little time just shoots and looks pure. In game he just overthinks the process.

Totally agree.

Last night, he was horrible with free throws until he started using the fans chant as his own rhythm. He was putting it up on their 12 or 13 count, comfortably. I think they helped him make that long run. Maybe the Bucks fans could start a chant like that, and let him use the rhythm to help him. It might just be the focus point that will allow him to let his muscle memory work for him?

Totally agree.

Last night, he was horrible with free throws until he started using the fans chant as his own rhythm. He was putting it up on their 12 or 13 count, comfortably. I think they helped him make that long run. Maybe the Bucks fans could start a chant like that, and let him use the rhythm to help him. It might just be the focus point that will allow him to let his muscle memory work for him?
Good point. Might have made him more focused and not “thinking”. I’ve always been a believer that seeing a shot go threw is such a big deal with confidence, even a dunk or layup

Reactions: TW
Totally agree.

Or just start counting to 10 LOL

Back