Getting closer, or is it?

Thing is I think Networks have some leverage right now with NFL on new TV deals. Used to be the networks would bend over and just ask what the NFL wants and give it to them.
Very little if any. It’s no secret that network valuations are way down, ad revenue is significantly off and cash flow is at a premium. Nets worry is that “new” money (Apple / Amazon / Netflix) will become a player.

Doesn't that suggest, then, that he's speaking for them? "Sure, here's a bone for you guys, thanks for rolling over while we rake in all the cash."

Doesn't that suggest, then, that he's speaking for them? "Sure, here's a bone for you guys, thanks for rolling over while we rake in all the cash."
Possible. When he used the words “encouraged teams to sign” Kaep was not a owner directed narrative, that’s raised an eyebrow for me. Owners are much more calculated and many are pro Trump and IMO would don’t want the baggage. I would think they would want any statement to be theirs and not from a messenger

Nam, when we went on patrol, we always had someone on point. The point man's job was to find booby traps, IEDs, and watch for enemy combatants, like snipers. The rest of our unit would follow behind, in relative safety, while the point man would take the hits.

I survived doing it more times than I'd like to recount. It may not be the same, but that's what I'm seeing out of the Commish. He's the point man, and the owners don't have to take the personal risk. He'll take the hits from backlash by fans, and players alike. He's not going to get any medals for it, but a lot of people realize just how tough it is to do the job when you see an avalanche of potential danger laying ahead.

When people ask why the Commish gets such a high salary, this might be a starting point of consideration. It's a difficult job on a good day, and you need to have skin thicker than an elephant.

I don't like the Commish. I think he's a waffle. Yet, I do admire how he's willing to stick his hand into the wood chipper so often to pull out that branch that's stuck.

Nam, when we went on patrol, we always had someone on point. The point man's job was to find booby traps, IEDs, and watch for enemy combatants, like snipers. The rest of our unit would follow behind, in relative safety, while the point man would take the hits.

I survived doing it more times than I'd like to recount. It may not be the same, but that's what I'm seeing out of the Commish. He's the point man, and the owners don't have to take the personal risk. He'll take the hits from backlash by fans, and players alike. He's not going to get any medals for it, but a lot of people realize just how tough it is to do the job when you see an avalanche of potential danger laying ahead.

When people ask why the Commish gets such a high salary, this might be a starting point of consideration. It's a difficult job on a good day, and you need to have skin thicker than an elephant.

I don't like the Commish. I think he's a waffle. Yet, I do admire how he's willing to stick his hand into the wood chipper so often to pull out that branch that's stuck.

hes hired, fired and payed by 32 owners...that said of the 4 major sports "leaders" I would put him at 2. 99% of the time he's the mouthpiece for the 32 but in the case I am not sure

Possible. When he used the words “encouraged teams to sign” Kaep was not a owner directed narrative, that’s raised an eyebrow for me. Owners are much more calculated and many are pro Trump and IMO would don’t want the baggage. I would think they would want any statement to be theirs and not from a messenger
One Seattle player said issue back when Seattle was looking at him for players was would the backup QB be in a bigger lime light then the starting QB and that's not something you want in your locker room.

One Seattle player said issue back when Seattle was looking at him for players was would the backup QB be in a bigger lime light then the starting QB and that's not something you want in your locker room.
Thats a bunch of BS, no team wanted the PR circus and backlash. And dont discount owners relationship with POTUS

Thats a bunch of BS, no team wanted the PR circus and backlash. And dont discount owners relationship with POTUS
Not sure do you want to have a media circus with the media, fans, and players all wondering when the starter is going to get replaced? Unless you have a firm entrenched starter I would not want Kaepernick there as all he will do is have people questioning when the current starter will get benched does nothing for that starter or the team

Not sure do you want to have a media circus with the media, fans, and players all wondering when the starter is going to get replaced? Unless you have a firm entrenched starter I would not want Kaepernick there as all he will do is have people questioning when the current starter will get benched does nothing for that starter or the team
and Seattle did and does thats why its BS.

Back