Good article on Ted Thompson

No wonder Green Bay didn’t land many FA’s during Ted’s tenure. Seems like he would make a guy feel awkward when he himself is so socially awkward. Nothing wrong with being an introspective person who stays to himself. Just doesn’t seem like a great trait for a GM. He’s probably heading for where he should have been all along.

I've always believed that Thompson is a little bit like Peter Sellers in the great movie; "Being There." If you watch the movie character and actions, you can almost visualize Thompson being the role model for it. The problem is, the movie came out in 1979. Watch excerpts from it and you'll see what I mean.

I then initiated a month-long recruitment and negotiation to secure Woodson (to say he was reluctant to come to Green Bay would be an understatement).

Interesting comment here and one that makes you wonder if Green Bay is still thought of negatively as a landing spot. To think Green Bay has been able to maintain it's level of competitiveness over the years when FAs probably don't want to come to Green Bay is pretty impressive. I wonder if BG will have better luck in the FA market knowing guys are probably reluctant to come to Green Bay.

Good read. Nothing new on TT....for me anyways.

What was though and explains a lot, is that it was Brandt that got us Woodson, our last great FA.

Back