Holiday & Middleton add gold

TW

Reaction score
What a great year for Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton. First the NBA championship, and now winning Olympic Gold.

They have to be floating on air!

What a great year for Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton. First the NBA championship, and now winning Olympic Gold.

They have to be floating on air!
Yep USA basketball had a hard fought game to win the gold but won. Holiday had some real strong defense during the games.

Middleton and Holiday become 5th and 6th players in NBA history to win a NBA championship and a Gold Medal in the same year.

Was worried about team USA for a bit but glad they pulled out the gold!

Outstanding performance. From a group who was mocked and ridiculed for losing a couple games. Lot of bad takes exposed this AM on Twitter. Golden moment

Nice win and congrats to them all, but especially Holliday, Middleton and Booker. They were marathon men this year.

I'm thinking it may have showed in the final as Middleton and Booker were not major contributors. Middleton especially seemed phased by the physical style France was allowed to play, and Booker didn't seem quite right either.

There was a comment on a show I listened to where it was discussed that it is easier to score in the NBA than in FIFA/Euro basketball. The NBA calls fouls much more readily to make it easier on offense. I think the NBA players have a hard time adjusting to the more physical defense in these games. It takes a few games for them to get used to what teams do to them and to learn what they can get away with that wouldn't fly in NBA games.

Nice win and congrats to them all, but especially Holliday, Middleton and Booker. They were marathon men this year.

I'm thinking it may have showed in the final as Middleton and Booker were not major contributors. Middleton especially seemed phased by the physical style France was allowed to play, and Booker didn't seem quite right either.

There was a comment on a show I listened to where it was discussed that it is easier to score in the NBA than in FIFA/Euro basketball. The NBA calls fouls much more readily to make it easier on offense. I think the NBA players have a hard time adjusting to the more physical defense in these games. It takes a few games for them to get used to what teams do to them and to learn what they can get away with that wouldn't fly in NBA games.
FIFA you can't throw yourselfs into guys to get a foul call either.

One one play that stood out was Middleton getting a blind side hit coming to help and the same defender mugged Durant. Was 3 fouls on 1 sequence

Back