How and why the Packers parted ways with Mike McCarthy

It's definitely possible. But I also think his time in College FB did him well...

I don’t want this to be a Carroll thread, so just this last thought.
He was on the NFL from 1984 to 1999. Took 1 year off before going to USC for 8 more years.
I think USC gave him back his credibility, but I also think his time with BUF, MN, NYJ, SF, NE is where he learned how to coach in the NFL.

That's true Belichik was awful in CLE..

And don't forget Pete Carroll. He was a disaster in NE before turning SEA around
Browns were right on edge of turning it around I wonder what happens if Browns who became the Ravens kept him do they get to the SB with him and if they do what happens to the Pats is Brady and the Pats dyansty something that never happens?

Browns were right on edge of turning it around I wonder what happens if Browns who became the Ravens kept him do they get to the SB with him and if they do what happens to the Pats is Brady and the Pats dyansty something that never happens?

Good question....

But back to MM... You know, CLE has a roster that minus the QB position is just as, if not more talented overall than GBs. They've done well over past few years restocking/rebuilding... Imagine the fan reaction if Mm ends up in CLE, and ends up with a better record over next couple seasons than GB...

Good question....

But back to MM... You know, CLE has a roster that minus the QB position is just as, if not more talented overall than GBs. They've done well over past few years restocking/rebuilding... Imagine the fan reaction if Mm ends up in CLE, and ends up with a better record over next couple seasons than GB...
Thing is Browns were stockpiling and picking high for years so they had much better talent to build a base off of

Good question....

I think the Browns fans would be CLP)CLP)

sneaky:

I think the Browns fans would be CLP)CLP)

sneaky:
Those fans actually deserve it. I could be happy for them real easy. They've had a horrible hand dealt to them, losing their original team just before they won a SB and then the years of putrid play after they got a team back. They deserve some good football. thumbsup

I get tired of hearing how the Packers are a "family," and his firing wasn't done in a family way.

McCarthy could be a good fit in Cleveland. He's not an idiot. His program became stale in GB. That's what ended it. Sometimes you end up with sacred cows that you dare not move or you're in trouble. Rodgers helped make it even worse because of his attitude. I wish Mike well.

That said, divorce is rarely amicable. Whether it was now, or at the end of the season doesn't really matter. For McCarthy, it's an opportunity to hook up early with someone, or at least have him being on the radar, if someone is interested.

Time to move on and enjoy seeing how things play out the rest of this year, and what the future holds. At least it isn't going to be as boring as going down on main street when it's raining, and watching the cars rust.

Back