Hundley quickly learning Packers' offense

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Brett Hundley doesn't care if he's stuck in Aaron Rodgers' MVP-sized shadow. He's learning the Packers' offense quickly.

home

Continue reading...

If Hundley makes good progress, will MM and TT go with only two QBs? Hundley's running ability could really give a change of pace if ARod goes down for a few games.
His job would be to move the chains and he might be able to do that as well as Tolzien. Opens another spot for a defensive player. Nobody's going to sign Tolzien right before the season starts so, theoretically, he could be available if needed. guru(

Learning quickly "what to do", and actually quickly doing it are two different things. I'm glad he's a good student, but I'll wait until pre-season to see if what he's learned actually is translated to in-game situations. Ideally, he'd have enough of a grasp of the offense to allow you to carry only 2 QBs, but I'm betting his on-field learning curve is so steep that he won't be ready this fall. I think they will need to go with 3xQB on the roster.

It's only been a handful of OTA drills, but if those are any indication he seems to be morphing rather quickly into Matt Schaub, not Aaron Rodgers.

Every time I read a glowing report on a DB who has a nice INT, it's off a Hundley throw. :)

Hundley will be backup qb next year and tolzien will be out of the NFL next year

Way way too early.... Hundley isn't half the QB Tolzien is Gbp4ever. Not even close. I'll say again grain of salt because real football won't be here until August... this is rehearsed drills. Nothing more.

Everything you hear right now is fluff. It's all rainbow and unicorns, high hopes for the season stuff. These are tightly controlled drills, so until I see Hundley in at least a pre-season game I can't really say much.

Everything you hear right now is fluff. It's all rainbow and unicorns, high hopes for the season stuff. These are tightly controlled drills, so until I see Hundley in at least a pre-season game I can't really say much.

Hundley's OTAs haven't been rainbows and unicorns, they've been more like a disco ball and a mule with a paper towel tube tied to its forehead.

Back