I'd take Lock

TW

Reaction score
I know this won't be popular but if I was the Packers, and Lock dropped down to my pick at #30, I'd draft him and start planning for the future. I'd be figuring 3 years of his learning behind Rodgers, then being ready to step in.

Call this a dumb call, but I felt the drafting of Rodgers back when Favre was entrenched in the position was also a good move. It wasn't popular then, and this won't be popular now.

I can't see Lock lasting past at the worst Giants at 17 IMO he goes at 10 I can't see any way Lock is there at 30. Now a guy like Daniels Jones sure he could be at 30 but would not spend 30 on him.

I think when/if they draft a QB this year depends a lot on how #12 and coach LaFleur are gelling. Personally, I would be surprised if there were any big issues, but if there were drafting one of the top QB's if available at 30/44 could be in play.

I know this won't be popular but if I was the Packers, and Lock dropped down to my pick at #30, I'd draft him and start planning for the future. I'd be figuring 3 years of his learning behind Rodgers, then being ready to step in.

Call this a dumb call, but I felt the drafting of Rodgers back when Favre was entrenched in the position was also a good move. It wasn't popular then, and this won't be popular now.

I agree. Arod wasn't supposed the be there for the Packers either. A lot can happen on draft day. But if he's there yes I'd seriously consider it.

Nope. No sure fire ones in this draft with maybe exception of Haskins of OSU and I'm not 100% sold on him either.

Nope. No sure fire ones in this draft with maybe exception of Haskins of OSU and I'm not 100% sold on him either.
I wouldn't take any of them to start year one. But Lock after a few years on the bench? I'd say that has possibility.

I would trade our late 1st round pick to Miami for there next years first... ;)

Don’t like Lock at all. Was fine vs average defenses but when he faced Georgia, Bama, South Carolina and even Kentucky he flopped. Inconsistent accuracy, poor footwork. He’s nowhere near what Rodgers was at Cal. He’s the next Blake Bortles

I can't see Lock lasting past at the worst Giants at 17 IMO he goes at 10 I can't see any way Lock is there at 30. Now a guy like Daniels Jones sure he could be at 30 but would not spend 30 on him.
Jones is a top 15 pick. Maybe most pro ready QB on the board

Don’t like Lock at all. Was fine vs average defenses but when he faced Georgia, Bama, South Carolina and even Kentucky he flopped. Inconsistent accuracy, poor footwork. He’s nowhere near what Rodgers was at Cal. He’s the next Blake Bortles

Lock isn't most ready but he's most versatile IMO. The other guys need the exact right offense. Give Lock time to sit and I think he could adapt. Not really concerned with who is best right now when looking three years down the road. Looking for best potential. Which IMO is Lock. But that's just me ....

Back