If it's not MM and staff then Why?.....

I know Rodgers is playing poorly right now. The question is, can Mike McCarthy get him to not play as poorly? Doesn't seem like it, does it? Does Rodgers look drilled and coached to you? How hard on Rodgers is McCarthy in meetings? Can't know any of that without being in those rooms but I know this: the Packers married Rodgers for three more years - good or bad, that's what it is. He's not going anywhere, so now you need a coach who can try to get the most out of him again, the same way that McCarthy once did that for Favre and for Rodgers when he was young.

Agreed, rp. And that is why MM has to go. AR does not respect MM anymore. We have seen it all season. If MM stays, AR does not change. I think a new creative offense would drill life into AR. He still has the skills, he just needs a new voice and a new updated offense. IMHO.

If there is a rift or trust issues that should have been something Murphy or Gute should have been aware for awhile now and assuming that’s the case why extend him? Why not move on after last year with McCarthy? If Rodgers has lost respect for McCarthy and not willing to adjust that is not the trait of a leader I want or one who should be the face of the franchise. Ok Aaron your personal agenda before the team. Go cash your check elsewhere

Forget the wins or losses etcc... The most telling sign it's largely coaching is the complete lack of fire and passion. The Packers used to have a killer personality. Now they're just some random guys playing football on the weekend. You can also pin that on the vets. Cause if you're a young kid and try to fire things up you get shipped out of town.

I also saw Chris Banjo was playing for KC right now too.

I was searching for a word to describe what I felt was lacking.
At first I thought it might be "emotion" as the word I was looking for, but that just wasn't enough it seemed.

So I kept thinking, and to use a word that you frequently hear players themselves using, the word to describe what seems to be missing from this team is "Swag".

They just don't carry themselves with that "air of confidence" that used to emanate from this team in years past.

You could see it in their eyes. You could see it in their walk. Just don't see that Swag anymore.

I was searching for a word to describe what I felt was lacking.
At first I thought it might be "emotion" as the word I was looking for, but that just wasn't enough it seemed.

So I kept thinking, and to use a word that you frequently hear players themselves using, the word to describe what seems to be missing from this team is "Swag".

They just don't carry themselves with that "air of confidence" that used to emanate from this team in years past.

You could see it in their eyes. You could see it in their walk. Just don't see that Swag anymore.

You have to win to have swag and players who have that personality. Said it before this team has guys who would rather cash a check. Locker room leadership is nonexistent. I get drafting for talent but GB is unique. Not everyone wants to play there and if you don’t win it becomes a job, be honest it’s not a place to have a social life.

Couple of thoughts. I think Pack's point on leadership is very valid, MM/TT did very little to replace that void. I also see those two getting a lot of blame but what about Capers ?

His old scheme wasted some players that might have otherwise been successful in other defensive packages. I do blame that on MM and his stubborn ways and not changinf DC 2-3 years ago.

Huh.. interesting read. So that 4th and 2 in Miami. Not only does MM scheme a guy open, he schemes Arods Favorite who Arod has said needs to get the ball more open.. yet Arod still doesn't go where the play is designed to go?

Umm. That's f'd up. Makes you wonder what the rest if the locker room thinks of Arod. He got everything he wanted on that play. Good set up, good scheme, his guy, and still he doesn't take it.

I know Mark has mentioned it in the past and I have touched on it but what you are talking about yes is partially coaching but more of a lack of locker room leadership and chemistry. Some guys have more talent but they make the locker room jell to create that "fire and passion". Favre was that kind of guy, Rodgers is not. Woodson was that type of guy Matthews is not. Leader does not bitch in public like Randall, they keep it in the locker room and figure it out. I not saying he was right or wrong just ways about doing your business. New England always talks about do your job. Part of that is player accountability and if you are not, a vet makes sure you understand your job. Talent wins but so does chemistry.
While Brett Favre had fire and passion, he was NOT the leader of the team when they went to the Super Bowl - the leader of that team was Reggie White; Reggie inspired his team mates. And the last Super Bowl run, you are correct it was Charles Woodson and Donald Driver that were the leaders of that team. Rodgers, while being arguably the best player on the team, has not learned how to take a leadership role, which this team sorely needs. Unfortunately - I'm not sure who else on the team has that capability?

I know Rodgers is playing poorly right now. The question is, can Mike McCarthy get him to not play as poorly? Doesn't seem like it, does it? Does Rodgers look drilled and coached to you? How hard on Rodgers is McCarthy in meetings? Can't know any of that without being in those rooms but I know this: the Packers married Rodgers for three more years - good or bad, that's what it is. He's not going anywhere, so now you need a coach who can try to get the most out of him again, the same way that McCarthy once did that for Favre and for Rodgers when he was young.

MM didn't have Favre reeled in if u remember. MM would call plays and Favre changed it at the line and would upset MM.

The difference was Favre had better talent around him and guys he had played with outside of Jennings for at least a couple of seasons or more. Take that group of 4 Wrs and TEs vs what Rodgers has to work with and it's not even close talent and familiarity wise.

So when Favre went into Sandlot mode his cast knew how to break off routes and come back and someone would get open more times then not to bail their QB out. Whether that was coached under Sherman's coaches or because Favre practiced with them or both is open for another discussion.

Read the article. First I'm not a Rodgers apologist. For an article that wasn't placing all the blame on AR, how could it be taken any other way?

Following up on my reply post previous to this, will expand further.

When Favre went into Sandlot mode u didn't hear people criticize him like this.

However Favre didn't hold onto the ball as long and threw a lot of interceptions believing with his arm he could throw the ball into anywhere and his receivers would make the catch, whereas Rodgers doesn't take as many chances, in fact not enough and has thrown the ball away more this year then any time in his career.

Already went over the talent and familiarity in the reply above as one possible for why things are off this year.

Others and us have already went over reasons for his poor play this year: his talent degrading, not working as hard as he used to, injured, etc.

There is one ( and probably more) major difference between Favre and Rodgers.

In his later years, Favre didn't hold onto the ball as long and got ridbof quickly being a pocket passer and not as mobile as he was earlier in his career. Had those quick strike short and intermediate routes and could dump off to his RB.

Whereas Rodgers has happy feet and holds onto the ball too long extending plays.

Rodgers hasn't been the same since getting injured the first game against the Bears and won't be 100% until season is over. Does this play a part in why his throws have been off this year? Don't know.

Beginning of season he sounded as dedicated as ever. But now sounds like the rift is worse then it's ever been. Could it be that AR has no faith or trust in his coach anymore besides the new cast he has around him since Allison and Kumerow got injured?

Could he be tanking cuz the rift has gotten so bad that he wants MM gone? Find this hard to believe but is a thought and if true then GB made a huge mistake resigning him.

Most are saying MM should have been gone 4 yrs ago.

Spoke earlier about Familiarity. How much did the team practice the new plays and how much did AR practice with the rookie WRs in TC to build trust and familiarity? Seems to me he was held out a lot as MM had the back up QBs getting the reps with them. Then AR didn't play in pre season games or only a series or two and be pulled. No wonder why always a low season starts.

In his younger years AR would work extra time with his WRs back when he had Jennings. Don't hear of that anymore do we?

Mark has said we need a clean slate from Murphy thru MM. Was listening to different sports radio shows with former NFL that have been saying the same thing for the same reasons we have talked about. Packers are the talk subject for all the wrong reasons lately.

Back