Is Rodgers Responsible for Team Woes?

YES!!! You draft for the future and never stand pat.

thats good and all but you have to balance roster and need and also what did your board look like and WR value. Its not as simple as saying I want a WR

Sure it is. But Pettine has had less to work with this year than Capers ever did and even though the results are uneven, they have played better than almost all of Capers defenses did from 2011-2017

I think the talent Capers had to work with was overvalued

I think the talent Capers had to work with was overvalued

Capers also needed veterans to make his complicated defense work the way he wanted it. That's why Peppers and Woodson were such a great fit. Problem was Ted rarely traveled to UFA Island.
Capers needed to adapt his defense to the talent pool he had, but never did.
A different DC would have made those necessary changes.
Pettine claims to be that kind of DC...........not sure I'm on board with that 100%, but he has utilized people in ways that Capers never would have.

thats good and all but you have to balance roster and need and also what did your board look like and WR value. Its not as simple as saying I want a WR
It's as simple as saying, "We have one of the game's most skilled QBs and we're going to ensure he has the weapons to take advantage of his skills going into the future." Drafting offense less than 1/4 of your picks in the Top 3 rounds over the past seven years killed this offense.

It's as simple as saying, "We have one of the game's most skilled QBs and we're going to ensure he has the weapons to take advantage of his skills going into the future." Drafting offense less than 1/4 of your picks in the Top 3 rounds over the past seven years killed this offense.

so take a WR in round 3 that has a 5th round grade? Yes if the value is there fine do it but I'm not reaching for a guy just to fill a need that does not equal value. We did that on D and look how it turned out

so take a WR in round 3 that has a 5th round grade? Yes if the value is there fine do it but I'm not reaching for a guy just to fill a need that does not equal value. We did that on D and look how it turned out
Strawman fallacy

how so, overdraft a guy? sure lets pick a guy with a 4th round grade in round 2, works every time
Your strawman fallacy is attacking a position I don't hold. Instead of contending with my actual argument, you instead attack an easily defeated effigy, or "strawman", which I never intend on defending.

YES!!! You draft for the future and never stand pat.

This is the reason you draft for value and not need.

Thompson had to draft for need because he never filled holes in FA. That is why just using the draft does not work. You have to hit on 75-80% of your picks which is unrealistic.

This is the reason you draft for value and not need.

Thompson had to draft for need because he never filled holes in FA. That is why just using the draft does not work. You have to hit on 75-80% of your picks which is unrealistic.

Exactly. There are 7 rounds in a draft and it’s impossible for any club to fill needs at every position every year especially in the early rounds. You balance need and value and in some cases BPA.

Back