It IS Jordan Love Time !!

Love is going to be just fine. We need to focus on other areas of the team that needs help. As GBP stated, they need to sign him to a long term contract as soon as the season is over. Make it a point of stability for the foreseeable future.

Thru 15 games

Aaron Rodgers 3,730 yards 25 TDs 13 INTs 208 yards rushing and 4 TDs

Jordan Love 3,587 yards 27 TDs 11 INTs 246 yards rushing and 3 TDs
Although the stats are similar, the real litmus test of Love has come on the field, where he's shown leadership, and the poise to become even better than what he's already shown. Stats, as I say, are fine, but they don't tell the real story.

Since I've watched the Packers since 1949, and I've seen a lot of good QBs, and some horrible ones, I can say without reservation that Love has already shown he could end up being in at least the top 25% of them, if he continues to grow. That's quite a story in itself, since we've had two proven winners in a row, to cover about a quarter of a century.

Of course we need to always be a little skeptical about how things go. An injury could steal it all from him, and the Packers. Football is funny that way. But, if you really enjoy football, enjoy watching Love's game grow, because it's what we did with both Favre and Rodgers, and neither disappointed anyone.

Although the stats are similar, the real litmus test of Love has come on the field, where he's shown leadership, and the poise to become even better than what he's already shown. Stats, as I say, are fine, but they don't tell the real story.

Since I've watched the Packers since 1949, and I've seen a lot of good QBs, and some horrible ones, I can say without reservation that Love has already shown he could end up being in at least the top 25% of them, if he continues to grow. That's quite a story in itself, since we've had two proven winners in a row, to cover about a quarter of a century.

Of course we need to always be a little skeptical about how things go. An injury could steal it all from him, and the Packers. Football is funny that way. But, if you really enjoy football, enjoy watching Love's game grow, because it's what we did with both Favre and Rodgers, and neither disappointed anyone.
Yep Love to start the off-season invited several guys out to him to workout and get some routes worked in. Something Rodgers never did. He worked out in all the TC and games to get timing down something Rodgers would not due even with a young WR group. Biggest of all Love was not seen on the field screaming at and demeaning his WR's if they screwed a route up. Love could be the first true leader this team has had since Driver and Woodson were on the team.

Love is already 11th all time in franchise passing yards. By end of next season he will be 7th, behind the Magic Man. Year after that he will be 5th, behind Dickey and the three HOF. Pretty good company already!

Rodgers in 2008 had the benefit of playing with a well stocked, veteran team. Love has had to wear the veteran mantle sooner than ideal but he has worn it well. Rodgers also had a bland DC coaching over his head and that team also needed an infusion of talent at key positions. Let’s see what happens in the off season to reset the trajectory of this team.

Love is already 11th all time in franchise passing yards. By end of next season he will be 7th, behind the Magic Man. Year after that he will be 5th, behind Dickey and the three HOF. Pretty good company already!

Rodgers in 2008 had the benefit of playing with a well stocked, veteran team. Love has had to wear the veteran mantle sooner than ideal but he has worn it well. Rodgers also had a bland DC coaching over his head and that team also needed an infusion of talent at key positions. Let’s see what happens in the off season to reset the trajectory of this team.
jordan love is clearly not the problem.

Jordan Love proved he can be a legit top 5-10 QB in the NFL. He's going to want a contract to match what the other top QB's in the NFL are paid. Are you ready to pay him 45-50 million a year?

Among QB's who have played a full season so far Love is 3rd in TDs, 9th in QBR, and 8th in Rating. I think he also had some bonus money tied into finishing top 10 in some categories which hopefully has a good game Sunday and hits those bonus marks.

Back