Jarran Reed? What does he bring to the table?

TW

Reaction score
I liked the article. If Reed can bring some heat, as he says he hopes to do, it could be a help to our defense, when it comes to depth.

If nothing else, he says things that tells me he actually wanted to join the Packers, for the potential of getting a ring, and proving to everyone he's got what it takes to be one of the better players in the league.

How will this play out? You just don't know. Our defense has improved, and if it improves again this year, we're going to see quite a few players stepping up to be difference makers. Some who do might just surprise us.

It’s fine to be skeptical.
I prefer to call it cautious optimism.
Barry’s DC history before coming to GB isn’t rosy, but he had zero talent in DET and barely middling talent in WASH.

What his career has been built around is his talent for developing LBer’s, and he’s now got the opportunity and talent to prove how good he is at bringing out the best in that group.

I agree, that we shouldn’t be all gooey gushy about this defense for the first 4-5 games. But if they can build off of how they were playing at the end of last season and factor in the return of Jaire plus the additions of Reed, Walker, and Wyatt …….. Barry may change opinions of him as a DC.

I liked the article. If Reed can bring some heat, as he says he hopes to do, it could be a help to our defense, when it comes to depth.

If nothing else, he says things that tells me he actually wanted to join the Packers, for the potential of getting a ring, and proving to everyone he's got what it takes to be one of the better players in the league.

How will this play out? You just don't know. Our defense has improved, and if it improves again this year, we're going to see quite a few players stepping up to be difference makers. Some who do might just surprise us.

Thanks TW.
Reed is saying all the right stuff.
On paper, at least, the DL group is the deepest in talent of the entire defense.
Now they have to prove what’s being written about them

I am with Z on this one sorry gentleman, I think we are seeing the same song and dance on this team as the last 10 years. While they added some pieces on defense they lost a couple on O. So by attrition it's pretty much the same team that still has a depth/talent issue past 28 on paper.

I really need to see them play that first qtr of the schedule to say for sure what we got, tc(

Reed is another hot/cold motor guy, that's why he was out there. Credit to GB as the Georgia guys were rotational players in college so they needed some guys to take snaps why they sit. Is the defense better ? On paper yes, but every year on every team is different. I am hoping this team gels but won't be shocked if it takes a few games to get there. Might be an ugly wort game or two before that happens.

Nice post TW.

There are questions of consistency. Stokes was a pleasant surprise last year but showed the issues playing the ball that people dinged him for before the draft. Can he improve there? Rasul Douglas came in to play a role and did an outstanding job over all, but can they continue to hide him? They have to protect his lack of speed by playing him in off man, with a full offseason other teams are sure to find ways to attack that. On DL they added Wyatt and Reed, but besides Clark I still don't think they have added a sure difference maker.

All that said, on paper, it's the first time in a decade or so where we didn't have gaping hole some place or another on D. There is talent everywhere, they have 3 corners who can play, 2 S who can play, 2 OLB who can play the run and rush, a stud DL, 2 ILB... they should be pretty good. With the state of the WR room, they may be required to keep other teams below 14pts per game, and I don't know if they can do it.

I love Ted, still defend him in all discussions, but his attitude was that we had Aaron Rodgers, we can outscore teams with offense.

Gonna be real nice to watch some dominating D. And that's what I think is coming.

I am going to give GB credit. For many seasons now the DL has been a very weak point. But they went ahead now and are trying to make the DL an improved area. Better DL can also make the LB's better as they might have more free looks at the QB

Back