Lakers vs Bucks

TW

Reaction score
The game last night was a battle of two of today's titans of basketball. The Bucks won fairly convincingly, but in all honesty, I believe the Lakers were dead tired from their road trip, and ready to return home. When we visit LA, for the rematch, I believe the score could easily flip-flop.

What strikes me with the Bucks is how guys step up, and how players are embracing their part of being the team they are. With Bledsoe out last night, I was concerned. A lot of the Bucks game goes through him. Although he was missed very much, I liked the way DiVincenzo, Hill, and Matthews stepped up their games. They proved they were the consummate team players.

It was difficult weighing their bench against ours, because neither Kuzma or Cousins played. I figured their players not able to play wasn't any more critical than the loss of Bledsoe for the Bucks, so, pretty much equal.

They commented last night that the game could well be a precursor of the NBA finals next June. They could be right. I wouldn't count the Lakers out of it, and being as tough as the Bucks by then. At this point, it's wise for Bud to realize that home court advantage may be the key that they need, to win it all. That 14 game road win streak the Lakers had was impressive.

Great game, had a bit of a playoff feel to it. We will not have to worry about Cousins this year, has not played a minute and done for the year (ACL). Kuzma is one guy who will help them. Bron and Davis are the only guys who can create one and one and while Kuzma is more of a spot up shooter he gives them a 3rd scorer. Personally in a 7 game series I like the Clippers more than the Lakers. That said again last night the help defense both on the perimeter and down low was spectacular. They contested shots and got in passing lanes all night. Hill has been the vet he is all year but DiVincenzo has really taken it to the next level, not polished yet but plays great defense can shoot from deep

I think Milwaukee gets home court, the west is loaded and will eventually beat up on itself and hopefully Bud will have a working margin to get Giannis, Bledsoe and Middleton some "load management" before the playoffs. Lot a games left

I heard the door is still open on Cousins possibly returning by the playoffs. If that's closed, I hadn't heard.

Loved that 2nd quarter.

Publicly ruled out no but highly doubtful. They applied for and were granted a $1.75 million disabled player exception for Boogie and must use it by March 10 or it goes away. I don’t think he’s even started to run yet, just bike work.

It sounds like it's a done deal then. He won't be back.

Next up. Will the Bucks dabble in free agency, or look for a trade, as we get closer to the playoffs. Would Jrue Holiday be someone they'd look at for a point option? We only have one draft pick. The one we got from Indiana, and it's middle first round. Not much else to work with. I just don't want to see anything destroy the chemistry on the team that works.

Next up. Will the Bucks dabble in free agency, or look for a trade, as we get closer to the playoffs. Would Jrue Holiday be someone they'd look at for a point option? We only have one draft pick. The one we got from Indiana, and it's middle first round. Not much else to work with. I just don't want to see anything destroy the chemistry on the team that works.
Bucks won't have room to get anyone in FA and team has very limited trade chips and any trade would probably put them in the luxury tax question is do owners want to pay.

Not at $27m his deal next year and that assuming they even deal him and if they do he would command some big compensation. I would love a wing defender, Robert Covington would be a nice get but do we have the ammo to get him? Marcus Morris would be a nice fit but to you point why mess with chemistry.

Bucks won't have room to get anyone in FA and team has very limited trade chips and any trade would probably put them in the luxury tax question is do owners want to pay.
Will they spend? yes I am convinced they would for the right piece. Brown as an expiring contract, Benders deal is not guaranteed for 2020-21, not great pieces but package them with a #1 who knows

Back