Mark's Mock Draft 2.0

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Season over ..picking at 29. Don't see there being any value in trading down a lot in this draft unless someone see's a RB mid way they really want. Traditional draft to start us off.

Round 1. Sidney Jones*, CB, Washington 6'0 180 This season proves GB needs to invest more at the CB postion and they are delighted that Jones is here at 29.

Round 2. Solomon Thomas*, 3-4 OLB, Stanford 6'3 273 GB still can't get a rush from the outside as consistently as they like. Enter Thomas who totaled 62 tackles with 15 for a loss, eight sacks and one forced fumble last yr at Stanford.

Round 3. Brian Hill*, RB, Wyoming 6'1 219 4.5 40 time. GB needs another real RB to take the heat off Rodgers and bang the ball for 4-5 yards a clip. Monty isn't a 20 carry back in the NFL..Lacy is done and Starks is old. Enter Hill who averaged 5.3 yards per carry in 2016 for 1,860 yards with 22 touchdowns alongside eight catches for 67 yards.

Round 4. Dorian Johnson, G, Pittsburgh 6'5 315 GB has some needs at OG long term and can't afford to let Rodgers get nailed because of OL depth. TT is happy that Johnson slips to round 4 and pulls the trigger.

Round 5. Tanzel Smart, DL, Tulane Smart showed some interior pass-rush skills as a senior, totaling 5.5 sacks with 67 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss and one forced fumble. GB has to get a bit more athletic on DL and Smart is a great value here in round 5.

Round 6. Eric Saubert TE Drake Kind of a sleeper at TE but even though I expect Cook back GB could use another prospect behind him.

Round 7. Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tennessee Cutrer has good size ( 6'1 170) for a late pick and GB needs to add more competition in camp so they wrap up the draft adding another DB.

There you go a conservative 7 round TT like draft.

Think it's quite possible that those guys will all be there at those rounds, except Thomas. He's rising after his superman game in the bowl vs North Carolina. He was unblockable.. Unless he runs a crap 40 at the combine.
Really like Hill and Smart!

Thanks for posting. Team speed on D was an issue last year and it is even worse this year. Can't keep collecting coverage units (DB + ILB) that average running in the 4.6 range. Need a general shot of athleticism all over the D, and specifically need speed and athleticism at OLB.

yea Thomas will go top 15 and it would be a dream come true is Johnson falls that far. Like all the prospects, no argument there. thanks for sharing, esp Smart. Hes a new name for me

Last edited:
Yup, that's pretty TT-like. I like the players and positions. Can't comment on value as I've not really studied the draft yet this year.

My only question, and it's because I truly have not seen him play a lot, is whether Thomas is athletic enough for OLB in the 3-4. He's not particularly long and at 273# I wonder if he'd be good enough in space for some of the things we ask OLBs to do. All that said, getting to the QB is job 1, so I can live with some limitations on the other stuff.

Back