Mark's Post Combine Mock

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
The winds are blowing that GB will sign at least one if not two edge rushers in FA. With that done it changes my approach to draft day.

Round 1 Pick 12: Greg Little OT Ole Miss~ Packers stay put and are thrilled when a top OT is left on the board. He starts day 1 on the Right side but can flex left.

Round 1 Pick 30: Irv Smith TE Alabama GB fixs their need at TE long term here. Smith is a solid all around TE.

Round 2: Jaun Thornhill S Virgina I like Thornhill better than Rapp or the kid from Delaware, he gives you more range vs TE and has no tackling issues. Solid pick that fixes a nagging issue.

Round 3 : Germaine Pratt, ILB, N.C. State Pratt is a monster inside and matched with a stud edge rusher in FA make the Packers defense a pain in the hinder to play. In 2018, Pratt totaled 104 tackles with 10.5 for a loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles and three passes broken up. . He is a strong and physical run defender with the ability to defend sideline-to-sideline

Round 4 A : Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern Time to better our talent at back up QB. In 2018, Thorson completed 61 percent of his passes for 3,183 yards with 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He also collected nine rushing touchdowns. A high ankle sprain cost Thorson the Senior Bowl. Thorson started 53 straight games, the most in Big Ten history. Keep in Mind ML has a history of adapting his offense to whomever is at QB. Thorson would be a perfect insurance policy going forward.

Round 4B: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford GB adds another explosive runner in the backfield. ML wants to run the ball and more depth is needed.

Round 5 Max Scharping, OT/G, Northern Illinois Some have him listed as a Tackle but he'll play OG in the pros. Great value in round 5

Round 6A P.J. Johnson*, DT, Arizona Adds quality depth for GB inside... has great athleticism for a big DT. 4.90 speed

Round 6B Stanley Morgan, WR, Nebraska Morgan replaces Cobb in the slot. He played in the Huskers WC offense before they went spread so he gets the route concepts out of the box. Good size at 6'1 and has decent hands.

Round 7 Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State Big upside here, can contribute on ST and work into the DB rotation

I would not be a unhappy camper if those were the Packers 1st 2 picks.

Also love round 4 pick

Mark have you done personal evaluations of the top tier OTs? I'm great with drafting an OT here but with everything else going on with the team I have a hard time believing Little will be BPA at 12. Is he that much of a scheme fit to make it worth while?

I would not be a unhappy camper if those were the Packers 1st 2 picks.

Also love round 4 pick
I would be 100% fine with Smith at 30. I am ok with Thorson but if I had a choice its Stidham

Hard hard pass on little. No way he goes that high. Hes soft with work ethic concern. I woildnt touch him in the 1st.

After that I can dig it. Thornhill is good and his combine showed hes a stud athlete also.

Even if we get 2 fa pass rushers I wouldn't rule out grabbing one early in the draft

The number 1 priority isn't the pass rush. It's keeping #12 upright. Little would start at RT for GB where I think he would be just fine. You can NOT go into another season protecting your franchise player with UDFA OL.

The number 1 priority isn't the pass rush. It's keeping #12 upright. Little would start at RT for GB where I think he would be just fine. You can NOT go into another season protecting your franchise player with UDFA OL.

I agree with that, I just question if Little is the right guy at #12. For me, I look at the coaching staff as currently constructed, I don't know how Adam Stenavich is going to be at developing guys or teaching them technique and fundamentals, seems to me like Jonah Williams is a better overall fit. I know he doesn't have that massive frame and I know he had a terrible game against Clemson, but I think he's the cleanest most sound option, and in that way he reminds me a little of Bulaga.

I agree with that, I just question if Little is the right guy at #12. For me, I look at the coaching staff as currently constructed, I don't know how Adam Stenavich is going to be at developing guys or teaching them technique and fundamentals, seems to me like Jonah Williams is a better overall fit. I know he doesn't have that massive frame and I know he had a terrible game against Clemson, but I think he's the cleanest most sound option, and in that way he reminds me a little of Bulaga.

I have Williams as a OG and graded in the second round. He's a little light for OT in the NFL. The staff at Bama pondered moving him to center. Saw some speed rushers victmize him at times at OT. Little has the same feet and speed as Williams on a 6'6 325 frame

I see your point. The fact is we play in a division with Kalil Mack, and the team doesn't have anyone on the right side who can come close to handling him except for Bulaga, who is unreliable and unlikely to be on the team in 2020. They have to have a player there, can't play games anymore.

Back