McCarthy: Jones picking up where he left off

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Cach Mike McCarthy had his final media availability before his team travels to Chicago.

home

Continue reading...

His first catch this season makes it look like he hasn't lost his connection with AR.

Jones had a good game. I was against the signing and still feel the same way. I like Jones and it was never about him, but about it slowing the growth of our younger guys from taking game time and practice reps from them for signing a 1 year fill in

Jones had a good game. I was against the signing and still feel the same way. I like Jones and it was never about him, but about it slowing the growth of our younger guys from taking game time and practice reps from them for signing a 1 year fill in

With the lack of experience behind Cobb I was all for signing Jones. He can be a mentor to these younger players and is a nice security blanket for ARod these first few weeks.

The thing is, I'm not sure Montgomery is quite ready to contribute as the #3 on a regular basis. I think Jones is a nice addition for a team with Super Bowl aspirations. He'll make some important catches. It keeps the rotation as it should be. The 2nd year guy is getting a lot of snaps and the rookie is the #4 guy. I think Montgomery will get more opportunities as the season goes along. In the meantime, you need to win games and Jones is the better option right now

I'm also wondering if Janis has yet to earn Rodgers' trust on his route running and this could be why he wasn't out there very often on offense? Or was he out there and I didn't notice?

I'm also wondering if Janis has yet to earn Rodgers' trust on his route running and this could be why he wasn't out there very often on offense? Or was he out there and I didn't notice?

I didn't see him out there either.... Mainly just Cobb, Jones, Rodgers and Quarless.

janis was activated for the game. i think if he played at all it was only on special teams. according to the nfl.com gamebook, he was never targeted with a pass attempt.

Then it's same ole Janis. Cripes! How long is it going to take for him to learn the routes and be there for Rodgers?

Back