McCarthy: Not going to let emotions get out of control for Seattle game

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's Monday press conference:

- (On Chicago game) Just completed evaluation. Today's message is self-improvement.
- (On Seattle) We'll start game planning and lay out personnel and we'll have a plan for the players when they get back on Wednesday.
- (On Sam Barrington) He'll be hard-pressed to practice Wednesday.
- (On Cobb) I thought he played well, everything he went through on a daily basis. Says a lot to him. Came out of the game pretty good and should be a week better.
- (On Rodgers in crunch time) Important for him to play at the level he played at yesterday. Just his decision making and move his feet. Look at the play on the move to the left and throws to James Jones. THat's classic quarterback coaching tape.
- (On Seattle hype) Too much of anything isn't good. I've raised the emotion of a team too high in the past. That's not going to happen, I can promise you that. I know who we're playing. They're an outstanding football team. They're coming off a tough loss in St. Louis.
- (On Nate Palmer) Did some good things. Made some mistakes but had some productivity. We need to get better on defense. Not as clear as we needed. We didn't play the outside zone.
- (On tackling) Double digit missed tackles. That's not acceptable.
- (On Morgan Burnett) He's an excellent player. Definitely in command with the some of the adjustments. Everyone played in the game was prepared. There's things we can learn from and we'll work on it Wednesday.

Continue reading...

OMG! You'd have to find the emotion first! When was the last time you saw our defense play with too much emotion?!?! After watching the energy of some of the other defenses this past week I have to wonder if MM actually has a handle on this team? I will go out on a limb and predict that we will NOT play with too much emotion either! ;)

To be fair, he said he'd raised the emotion of "A" team too much in the past - didn't say it was the Packers. ;)

I can think of one - 2009 home game against Favre. The defense came out and I think had two personal fouls for roughing up AP early in the game. Looked like they were so caught up in sending a message that they put themselves in bad field position.

Yes, that appears to be the case. When it comes to the intimidation factor this group is, and has been for some time, firmly in the 'poser' column.

Back