McGinn’s Grading the Packers...WR

I'm not trying to be a negative nelly but that group needs upgrading, badly.

all we really need is a strong #2. we have at least one (possibly two) guys who can fill the #3 role. my preference would be to bring in a proven vet to be the #2 and draft a guy who has the potential to develop into the #1 or #2. i would not like to see us throw a bunch of third day draft picks at the position again and see if one of them pans out.

all we really need is a strong #2. we have at least one (possibly two) guys who can fill the #3 role. my preference would be to bring in a proven vet to be the #2 and draft a guy who has the potential to develop into the #1 or #2. i would not like to see us throw a bunch of third day draft picks at the position again and see if one of them pans out.

That would be a good plan. Let's hope Gutey can make it happen. Sure would go a long way for assembling another offensive juggernaut instead of the more recent juggernot

So outside of Adams and Lazard clean house per this report
I pretty much agree with that. This was a depressing read. And really highlights the problem. Limited talent. These guys don't have great potential.

Keep Adams and Lazard. Then let the rest fight for one slot while you find better guys in draft and FA.

They don't cost you anything so you might as well bring back MVS, ESB, Kumerow and Lazard. Allison and Grant can move on. Draft a guy early - I'd prefer a guy with some speed/quickness that you can use in multiple ways. (A Deebo Samual type guy.) I'd also prefer to bring in a veteran to be the #2 with Adams. Now you have a core to work around. Whichever 2 of the 4 young holdovers look the best in camp next year can stay, let the other 2 go after TC.

Remember you want a number 2 vet you have to be willing to spend 10+ million to get a good one I don't think Packers waste limited cap space doing that.

I liked our old school WR corps too. But Ted's attitude was, we have Aaron Rodgers, we're gonna outscore teams.

It worked most of the time, but it's nice to "have a defense" that can get a crucial stop when it matters.

Remember you want a number 2 vet you have to be willing to spend 10+ million to get a good one I don't think Packers waste limited cap space doing that.

Their CAP won't be that limited. They can spend $20+mil in FA if they have to and still be in fine shape. It's hardly a "waste". Next to ILB, the WR position might be the biggest need on the team. If they spend $20mil in FA on a WR and an ILB they should be in good shape. Maybe pick up a low level DL for depth and then hit the draft. I think that's doable and there's enough CAP space to get it done.

Their CAP won't be that limited. They can spend $20+mil in FA if they have to and still be in fine shape. It's hardly a "waste". Next to ILB, the WR position might be the biggest need on the team. If they spend $20mil in FA on a WR and an ILB they should be in good shape. Maybe pick up a low level DL for depth and then hit the draft. I think that's doable and there's enough CAP space to get it done.
I think DL might be bigger need then WR. WR you are looking at a deep draft. DL there are several good DL in FA to pick up to help the team. FA WR seems kind of crappy unless you want to pay up for a top guy.

Whether Lazard’s future is at wide receiver or tight end, he has found a home.
What does everyone think of moving Lazard to TE? Might have a higher ceiling there. Gute would definitely need a real #2 at WR if they moved Lazard.

What does everyone think of moving Lazard to TE? Might have a higher ceiling there. Gute would definitely need a real #2 at WR if they moved Lazard.
On word NO. Good lord...he’s only 227

Back