Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

Biggest thing I hope for us the UC QB. If Mertz leaves then try to find a starting QB in portal for a season.
The kid probably won’t play next year if you’re talking about the commit to UC. I would be shocked if Mertz came back

The kid probably won’t play next year if you’re talking about the commit to UC. I would be shocked if Mertz came back
Yeah probably won't play but got to have something in the pipeline. I trust Coach Fick has already reached out to a couple kids who have entered to see if there could be any interest.

Agreeing with me on Mertz not being a Badger next year? I'm anxious to see who's under center. Going to be interesting.

Agreeing with me on Mertz not being a Badger next year? I'm anxious to see who's under center. Going to be interesting.
Just don’t see the fit with what Fick has historically wanted

Just as long as it was not the freshman who played last year. If it's him because UW could not get anyone else might be a very long season.

Just don’t see the fit with what Fick has historically wanted
Though if it's a stop gap measure for year and that Mertz can't find anything better might be best for both sides.

Yeah probably won't play but got to have something in the pipeline. I trust Coach Fick has already reached out to a couple kids who have entered to see if there could be any interest.
There is nobody in the portal now that gives me happiness

Just as long as it was not the freshman who played last year. If it's him because UW could not get anyone else might be a very long season.
He’s actually a better fit than Mertz for what Fick wants

Luke had a freshman coming in to Cincy, that might be a portal transfer. We'll see. The player doesn't have to be in the portal yet. We'll see what happens.

Back