DT Auburn
    trade icon
  • GB

Jake Haener
    QB Fresno State

• GB

Will Mallory
    TE Miami (FL)

Stay the hell away from Washington at TE.... He's way way way overrated. Get's hurt a lot and was only used here and there. Situational TE at best. Someone will overpay for him and be very sorry.
Good intel. I know they value Lewis a lot at TE and I thought a big in line guy could replace him and also offer a bit more in the passing game.

I'm not certain I'd put as high a priority on a TE as some people think. If Michael Mayer is available, I'd say do it. If not? I think there are better options out there, to help the team. I think they'd be better off working out some kind of a deal to keep Tonyan at home. I think he'd be game for a 1, or 2 year contract, that would give him a clear shot at making a lot of money the 2nd year, if he has a good one in 2023. It would probably give him a good chunk of change in the 2nd year if they move on.

But, that's just an opinion.

I'm not certain I'd put as high a priority on a TE as some people think. If Michael Mayer is available, I'd say do it. If not? I think there are better options out there, to help the team. I think they'd be better off working out some kind of a deal to keep Tonyan at home. I think he'd be game for a 1, or 2 year contract, that would give him a clear shot at making a lot of money the 2nd year, if he has a good one in 2023. It would probably give him a good chunk of change in the 2nd year if they move on.

But, that's just an opinion.
Another ACL not the same guy deal TW, cut bait. You can find FA with better wheels and or a mid-round pick.

Another ACL not the same guy deal TW, cut bait. You can find FA with better wheels and or a mid-round pick.
I agree. A mid round pick, but not a top priority is a good choice. Tonyan's contract would have to be one that doesn't pay much at all, above minimum. He'd need to prove he can stay on the field, and be productive, or no consideration for a second year. The guarantee, for year two, would be very nominal, by most guarantee standards.

I also agree that checking out the FA market would be wise. There will be several guys out there who might well be better than any other options, and worth a contract.

Back