Scoremore12

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Round 1 - 12 -Jawaan Taylor*, OT, Florida

Height: 6-5. Weight: 340.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
2018:
Declared for the NFL Draft following the season… Played in all 13 games and started 12 at right tackle… Florida's offensive line allowed just 18 sacks over the course of the entire season, which ranked 20th in the country and third among SEC teams… Garnered Second Team All-SEC honors from Athlon Sports… Named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll… 2017: Played and started in all 11 games… Started the first nine games at right tackle and the final two contests of the season at left tackle… He and Martez Ivey were the only two Florida offensive linemen to start each game… 2016: Played in all 13 games throughout the season and started 12 at right tackle… Was the only Florida freshman to play on the offensive line… Garnered Freshman All-America honors by ESPN.com, FWAA and Pro Football Focus… Selected to the Freshman All-SEC Team by the leagues Coaches’ and Gridiron Now… Member of ESPN All-SEC Bowl Team.

Round 1 - 30 - Josh Jacobs*, RB, Alabama
Height: 5-10. Weight: 216.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Jacobs is a very physically gifted running back as he has good size and is fast. He has athleticism, agility, running instincts, balance, power, and quick feet. Due to being part of a heavy rotation with Damien Harris and Najee Harris, Jacobs only carried the ball 120 times in 2018, but turned that into 640 yards - 5.3 average - with 11 touchdowns. He also had 20 receptions for 247 yards and three scores. After being a rotational back for three years, Jacobs will be entering the NFL with very little wear-and-tear.

Round 2 - 12 - Dexter Lawrence*, NT, Clemson
Height: 6-4. Weight: 350.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.

Lawrence was a tremendous freshman to help Clemson win the National Championship. NFL sources raved about Lawrence in the 2017 season, because he was impossible to ignore in 2016. Lawrence was an All-Freshman selection all over the nation while being the ACC Rookie of the Year for that season. He totaled 63 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks and a pass batted as a freshman. One national scout for a NFC team told me that they thought Lawrence was among the two most disruptive defensive linemen in 2016, along with Alabama's Jonathan Allen.

Round 3 - 12 - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.

It was widely known in the scouting community that Campbell was extremely fast and a superb athlete. He then put that on display at the combine with a tremendous 40 time of 4.31 seconds. What was just as important was Campbell looking good at catching passes in the field drills because there are concerns about his hands. In speaking with a general manager after the wide receiver workout, they said Campbell was one of the most impressive players and really helped himself.
Campbell recorded 90 receptions for 1,063 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2018. He produced some big, clutch plays for the Buckeyes in 2018. Campbell is an excellent athlete with explosive speed and is a threat to go the distance any time he touches the ball. The biggest concerns for Campbell are his hands and dropped passes.

Round 4 - 12 - T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin
Height: 6-0. Weight: 247.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.

Edwards is an instinctive defender who is a physical presence in the tackle box. He also is dangerous in zone coverage, consistently putting himself in position to make plays on the ball. As a junior, he recorded 81 tackles with 11 for a loss, two sacks, seven breakups and four interceptions. In 2016, Edwards had 89 tackles with three interceptions, 8.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks and two passes batted. He totaled 84 tackles with four breakups as a freshman.

Round 4 - 16 - Nate Davis, G/OT, Charlotte
Height: 6-3. Weight: 317. Arm: 32.75. Hand: 9.25.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Davis earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl after a strong 2018 season. He competed well in Mobile, but he really looks like a guard for the next level. Davis played tackle at Charlotte, but given his size, he probably will have to move inside to guard or center in the NFL.

Round 5 - 12 - Zach Gentry*, TE, Michigan
Height: 6-8. Weight: 262.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
For the NFL, Gentry projects as a Y tight end who contributes as a blocker with the ability to contribute some as a receiver. With his size, Gentry should be a nice red-zone target. In 2018, he notched 32 receptions for 514 yards and two touchdowns. In 2017, he totaled 17 catches for 303 yards and a touchdown.

Round 6 - 12 -Shareef Miller*, 3-4OLB, Penn State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 256.
Projected 40 Time: 4.76.

Miller totaled 41 tackles with 15 for a loss and 7.5 sacks in 2018. He is an undersized player, but has some talent and could be a sleeper who ends up being a nice value pick

Round 6 - 22 - Saquan Hampton, S, Rutgers
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

In 2018, Hampton recorded 65 tackles with 13 passes broken up and three interceptions. He is a solid sleeper safety who is going under the radar, but he helped himself with a good combine.

Round 7 -12 - Saivion Smith*, CB, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Smith had only one year of serious playing time at Alabama, but he turned in some solid production in 2018 with 60 tackles, three interceptions and five passes defended. Smith has versatile size and upside to grow. The junior college transfer started out as a starter, lost his starting spot for part of the year, and then returned to the starting lineup in Week 7 for the remainder of the season after Trevon Diggs was injured.

Last edited:
Try again....the first one is a little rough

Taylor is not a top 12 talent
Jacobs will not last till 30
Lawerence is a mid 1st round pick

Fresh approach. Like the first three picks, nobody knows where these guys are on the Packers board.
My question is that I think the Pack's biggest weaknesses are FS, TE and athletic OLB who can drop into coverage. Especially would like to see TE addressed before the 5th round.

Taylor seems destined to go top 10-15, he could be the pick. I love the players for the next 3 picks but I think they're low by about a round each.

I agree that Taylor could go in that range but I'm just not a huge fan of OT at #12. I think there will be guys who can start available at #30, 44, and maybe even 75.

I think you might need to move up to get Jacobs but so much depends on how teams feel about the QBs, Edge guys, DL and even OL. I don't really like any of the top QBs all that much, BUT someone probably does and we could see 3 (4?) of them gone before 30. Same with Edge and DL. If enough teams like guys like Sweat, Polite, Gary, Tillery, Lawrence, Simmons to take them all before #30 then someone has to slide. This draft doesn't have any total stud OL, but there are a whole bunch of guys that seem to show up in the top-30. While I don't think Jacobs slides enough, I wouldn't categorically rule it out. Heck, I saw a new mock this morning and Jacobs was not in Rd 1.

I also don't quite know what to do with TJ Edwards. I don't think he has 4th Rd value for the Packers but some team might like him there. He's a better fit as more of a true Mike but I think the Packers would like to see a guy with more sideline to sideline speed at that point. For the Pack it would seem he'd be more of a depth/back-up type guy and I don't feel I'd want to fill that role at iLB in Rd 4.

Thanks for adding some guys to discuss.

A lot to like.
I hadn’t checked out CB Smith before. Thanks for some new names to read up on.

Cool bottom half of draft from Davis on. Taylor is typical Boom/bust so I pass. Tge other picks thru rd 3 agree with Pack. Sorry

Back