Monty Incident Indicative of a Larger Problem (and perhaps a less apparent one)

The unraveling has begun.

Yes. The Packers took a laxative when TT stepped down and things are finally starting to loosen up and move along towards a needed roster rebuild. However, the biggest, most entrenched turd of all will not be passed until January.

The whole "I don't know my role" seems more like "I don't like my role".

Monty is not a quality WR so they tried to make him a RB but he was just "okay" in that role and surprisingly wasn't very dynamic as a 3rd down type back. So what role do you use him in. I think he just felt like he was better than he actually was and didn't like his ever shrinking role.

Does that take all the blame off of MM - hell no. He should have made a clearer and cleaner hierarchy at RB and Monty should have been told that right now his role is as the 3rd RB, who will get snaps only in certain games situations - be ready, but you'll have to wait your turn. Instead MM screws around and gives the guy important snaps some games, not others.

It started at after the Seattle game loss in 2011 just been coming out more over last 2 years

Montgomery's problem started when McCarthy built him up, and told everyone how he was going to be this super-hybrid RB/WR who would make the entire NFL cringe in fear because they didn't know how the Packers would get the ball in his hands for 20+ plays a game, and nobody knew how. It was all smoke and mirrors because our HC didn't have a clue as to who would be carrying the ball.

For Montgomery, it became an unfulfilled promise, and eventually it had to wear on him psychologically. It just came to a head against the Rams.

I’m more confident than ever that MM will be gone after this year, because when you think about it, Mike McCarthy is the HaHa Clinton-Dix of head coaches.

I’m more confident than ever that MM will be gone after this year, because when you think about it, Mike McCarthy is the HaHa Clinton-Dix of head coaches.
If this was Gutes call I would agree but if this team sneaks into the playoffs in a very average NFC Murphy I think keeps him on and there are 6 Million reasons why I can see Murphy making that call

If this was Gutes call I would agree but if this team sneaks into the playoffs in a very average NFC Murphy I think keeps him on and there are 6 Million reasons why I can see Murphy making that call

I get that aspect of it, but reputations are on the line here and people thought Ted would be kept around for the same reason. These were aggressive moves by Gute. "You're good but you're not as great as you think you are" is what they told Clinton-Dix, and who else could that apply to? It may be Murphy's call, but it looks so far like Murphy has been weighting Gute's opinion more than MM's, doesn't it? Come weal or woe, Gute has shown me he's a little more cutthroat than it appears from the affable exterior.

Let's put a pin in this one, Pack. If I'm right, you can send me a bottle of that fine southern sunshine. If you're right, you'll get a bottle of New Jersey's finest smog. Sound good?

I think only 6-7 teams in NFC have winning records Packers won't be one of them

I think only 6-7 teams in NFC have winning records Packers won't be one of them
Not so sure about that

Wins I can see - Miami, Arizona, Atlanta, Detroit
Toss Up - Jets, Seattle, NE
Not Counting On - Minnesota, Chicago

Worst Case 7-8-1
Best Case 9-6-1

Back