Nokia Watson

TW

Reaction score
It was good seeing Nokia live up to the billing I gave him a couple of years ago. I realize there were a lot of doubters, but if you watched Friday's game, you saw a kid who is going to do a darned good job in support of Taylor, and will keep the ball moving down field, after he's gone.

It's also good to see us get an inroad into Westlake HS in Austin, TX. They turn out some solid QBs. In the NFL, Foles and Brees, and in college, Ehrlinger at UTexas. They produce a good one at least twice every decade. Now, lets see them make inroads at Lake Travis as well. Between those two schools, it would be a real start getting top Texas talent to Madison.

UW has tried in the past, most recently when Anderson was the HC and it backfired, mostly due to academics. Recently a bit better, Orr ( 3 Star) came out of De Soto, TX and they offered a WR out of DeSoto this year , 3 star kid but he most likely end up at Kansas. Perry (3 Star) a WR is also from DeSoto, Green (3 Star) a WR on the roster is out of Lake Travis.

With A&M, Texas again now relevant, TCU, Houston, Baylor, Tech its just hard to compete especially when Oklahoma is so aggressive in the state also. Big issue? Academics

Reactions: #66
Green wasn't anywhere near as good as Garrett Wilson. But he did show some moves, and ran routes well. Good hands. He could develop into an option after a year or two of learning the college game. I watched him in about seven games, so can't give you any definitive thoughts on him. I was more into Westlake, since I had two grandkids going there.

You're absolutely right on academics. Fortunately Westlake and Lake Travis push the issue with their kids. That said, tutoring doesn't necessarily impart enough to get a kid into college, and keeping him there.

You're absolutely right on academics. Fortunately Westlake and Lake Travis push the issue with their kids. That said, tutoring doesn't necessarily impart enough to get a kid into college, and keeping him there.

Unfortunately admission standards in the Big 12 and SEC are not as stringent as UW with a few exceptions. A&M will admit fringe kids same with Texas and Oklahoma. So getting a 4-5 star kid to Madison is virtually impossible

Back