Oakland/San Diego, Green Bay/San Diego

there was a terrific article that i posted in shout a week or so ago that says just the opposite. there is no parity in the nfl. in fact, compared to every other major sport, you can be fairly certain of the outcome of the game before it even starts. baseball, basketball, and hockey are all less predictable. I can't seem to find the article now (of course) but here is a link to a similar article about the lack of parity in the nfl:

http://espn.go.com/blog/jayson-star...-has-greater-parity-than-mlb-well-think-again

Success in the NFL is very QB driven. The teams that are winning on a regular basis have an exceptional QB. There are some exceptions but only 1 or 2 each year who win in spite of the QB.

there was a terrific article that i posted in shout a week or so ago that says just the opposite. there is no parity in the nfl. in fact, compared to every other major sport, you can be fairly certain of the outcome of the game before it even starts. baseball, basketball, and hockey are all less predictable. I can't seem to find the article now (of course) but here is a link to a similar article about the lack of parity in the nfl:

http://espn.go.com/blog/jayson-star...-has-greater-parity-than-mlb-well-think-again

Heck, let's stop posting for fun and start doing it for profit. If you can find that article and what they predict for this weekend, we could all get rich. :)

They are less predictable because of the length of the season. Over the course off 162 in MLB and 82 in NBA or NHL more things happen.

Heck, let's stop posting for fun and start doing it for profit. If you can find that article and what they predict for this weekend, we could all get rich. :)

i get your point. but the statistics were very conclusive. it wasn't even close. the percentage of games where the favorite wins is much higher in the nfl than in the other pro sports.

and if you read the article that i did link to, you will see that there really are only a handful of teams that are consistently successful in the nfl.

There doesn't seem to be parity in the AFC East. What a cake walk that division is for NE every stinkin' year! It's like 16 bye weeks to the Super Bowl every year.

i get your point. but the statistics were very conclusive. it wasn't even close. the percentage of games where the favorite wins is much higher in the nfl than in the other pro sports.

and if you read the article that i did link to, you will see that there really are only a handful of teams that are consistently successful in the nfl.

Didn't realize you meant outcome as in just the favorite winning. Figured we could get rich off the point spreads and other bets.

Back