Official 2019 Roster Cuts Thread

on McCray trade Packers trade McCray for a swap of 7th rounders. If their own 7th is higher then the Browns they keep their 7th rounder otherwise they would swap with the Browns

in other words they got zippo for a guy who srted 13 games over the last two seasons and is a proven player at guard and center. personally, i think gute is a lousy negotiator.

in other words they got zippo for a guy who srted 13 games over the last two seasons and is a proven player at guard and center. personally, i think gute is a lousy negotiator.
I think it was more hey Brian this is John heard you are cutting Justin McCray we would like him but don't want to take a risk not getting him in a waiver claim. Can you do a old work buddy a favor and just give him to us for nothing?

a swap of 7th rounders which could be nothing. why? favor to a friend?

Haha, I appears like it!

Initial Power Rankings have Packers and Browns pretty much even. So it is quite conceivably we get nothing here. In addition, the 7th round pick for Gilbert is "conditional". Not knowing what the conditions are, we could get nothing here as well. Giving up backup talent for next to nothing (quite possibly resulting in nothing) is interesting as the best we can do is an additional 7th rounder, and possibly moving up a few spots in the 7th round where differences between position in the last round is pretty much negligible.

LIke you all are pointing out, this looks more like a favor for a friend.

I'm disappointed that EQ got shelved for the season rather than waiting a day and letting him be eligible for the return designation.

Always figured only 2 of McCray, Patrick, and Taylor would make the roster; nice that we got a small something in return for the odd man out.

Only three mild surprises, Fadol Brown, Sullivan and Hollman.
I guess I'll throw Redmond in as well.

so i guess we're just going to roll with what we have at ilb, rb and qb?

Back