Official 2019 Roster Cuts Thread

Official PS TE Evan Baylis, RB Tra Carson, CB Kabion Ento, WR Allen Lazard, DL James Looney, T Yosh Nijman, LB Randy Ramsey, LB Brady Sheldon, WR Malik Taylor and QB Manny Wilkins.

All in all, no real surprises. What I was most impressed with was that Gute wasn’t stubborn with the players he’s brought in, in contrast to what we've seen in the past with TT. Gute moved on from "his" players and chose the better options. Examples, cutting J'Mon (Gute draft pick) and Kizer (Gute trade) and keeping Shepherd and Boyle.

The biggest surprise this summer for me remains the release of Daniels.

Last edited:
Reactions: TW
The only spot I don’t quite get or feel great about is Madison. Feels a little unearned, I don’t know that he was better than Patrick or Pankey. Maybe they were all kinda crappy so you stick with your draft pick.

The only spot I don’t quite get or feel great about is Madison. Feels a little unearned, I don’t know that he was better than Patrick or Pankey. Maybe they were all kinda crappy so you stick with your draft pick.
I think this was part it that hey give your draft pick a chance and also he's a "feel good" story about how he came back to play so good PR that way

I think this was part it that hey give your draft pick a chance and also he's a "feel good" story about how he came back to play so good PR that way
If that’s the way you build a team you should be fired. The NFL is about winning

The first part maybe. But Gute traded a former first round pick for Kizer and cut him after a year. He cut Jason Spriggs, a 2nd rounder and Josh Jones, a 2nd rounder. He cut J'Mon Moore, a 4th rounder from just last year. He let go of long term mainstays on defense Clay Matthews and Mike Daniels. I see no evidence whatsoever that he keeps players around for sentimental reasons, so I'd say there's no shot he kept Madison for a feel good story.

Back