Official 2020 Week 8 Green Bay vs Vikings Thread

The only question is whether or not the Packers decide to run the score up a little. I don't think ML is into that. After watching the game against the Texans, it was pretty obvious that won't happen. But I do see him making sure the margin is insurmountable before they take their foot off the gas.

Packers 38 Vikings 21

Absolutely love ya TW, but that kind of thinking will get the Pack beat.

That’s been the formula to win in the league the last 50 years....so yeah

I think Pettine has said he favors defending the pass, the perimeter these days. Wish I could find that interview.

If all we do is defend the pass Cook will eat us alive. If Pettine is that stupid then he should be fired.

You adjust your game plan to the team you are playing offensively. Not be stubborn about your own system like Mike McCarthy.

If all we do is defend the pass Cook will eat us alive. If Pettine is that stupid then he should be fired.

You adjust your game plan to the team you are playing offensively. Not be stubborn about your own system like Mike McCarthy.

That wasn't something recent CB. I think maybe a couple years ago he said something along those lines. Always thought it was an odd stance but that's just me.

I agree, Bud. He did say that when he was hired I think.

My point is you cannot do that to every offense. You need to adjust and I have not seen that from Pettine. The only way he should keep his job after this year is if the D improves significantly in the 2nd half of the season.

Absolutely love ya TW, but that kind of thinking will get the Pack beat.

It bothers me too. It looks like they're going to ice a game and the next thing you know, they're trying to hang on for a win. Every time I see the Packers go into their two man rush I cringe.

It bothers me too. It looks like they're going to ice a game and the next thing you know, they're trying to hang on for a win. Every time I see the Packers go into their two man rush I cringe.
I think numbers say most NFL games at 7 point type games. We are paying the price for parity. The overall talent in the league is watered down. In a way I liked the dominant SF or Dallas teams, great teams and pulled for for the underdog. But i want GB to be able to compete in a balanced league.

Back