Official 2023 Training Camp Thread

Interesting, took all of two days of Rashan Gary 1on1s vs Zach Tom for ML to look at Tom at center again. Maybe a little too light in the pants still to lock down a tackle spot.
Walker and Jones seem to have body type to play tackle just both are very green hopefully the light comes on for both in year 2 if they make the team and pehraps can be a person to replace Bak next year.

Walker and Jones seem to have body type to play tackle just both are very green hopefully the light comes on for both in year 2 if they make the team and pehraps can be a person to replace Bak next year.
2024 class supposed to be loaded at OT with 1st round grades

Interesting, took all of two days of Rashan Gary 1on1s vs Zach Tom for ML to look at Tom at center again. Maybe a little too light in the pants still to lock down a tackle spot.

You might be right, but I suspect that working Tom at OC is as much if not more about the mediocre play of Myers and the other back-up centers along with the solid play of Walker over the course of camp. I think Walker has passed Nijman in the OT packing order.

You might be right, but I suspect that working Tom at OC is as much if not more about the mediocre play of Myers and the other back-up centers along with the solid play of Walker over the course of camp. I think Walker has passed Nijman in the OT packing order.
I think you're right, and the starting five will likely be DB-Jeknins-Myers-JRJ-Tom. That said, Tom has gotten a lot of good press this camp for his work at OT, including good reps against Matt Judon last week, but Gary is a bit of a different animal. He is an established veteran with a strong, well rounded game. He can go speed to power, power to speed, uses his hands well, strong as hell... and for two days he's rag dolled ZT a couple times. That's the caliber of player Tom is going to see throughout the season, and he's not the be-all-end-all right now, that's all I'm saying.

So far he's showing everything he needs to signal he's ready... Can't wait to see him during reg season.
My jets are no longer cooled, my expectations have been untempered, I just turned the flame up to high and I'm letting those expectations for him rise. He's gonna be good!

Back