Official Game 11 Green Bay vs Tennessee Thread

That makes absolutely no sense. He threw for 224 yards and 3 TDs and had 146 rating. My assumption is he was fine with that.

And ML even said they thought Dallas's D had a weakness in the run game so that is why they ran as much as they did.
Most of the yardage though was through bomb passes. I just think Rodgers loves when he has choice to pass over run.

It's been in the 20's all week at night and morning down there... no dice on the temps
Not only that Mr Ayahuasca doesn’t love cold weather either…

Will be interesting to see how they play Watson on def. For that type of WR bump him at the line so he can’t get a running start and it’s trouble. That’s if TEN has anyone who can do that.

Or could that horrible Rodgers, who's got a smidgen of experience, be pissed about the last series in regulation when the Pack didn't play to win.

Nope, not a chance
I think ML was right to run down the clock. How many times have we seen them try to "play to win" only to have 2-3 incompletions, running no time off, and giving the other team time to score? Hell look at the playoff game against the 49ers last year, and that was WITH Adams. They can't line up in obvious pass situations and win, just not how their personnel is right now. Looking at the 3rd down play, Rodgers could have run for the 1st, he let his own emotions get the better of him there. IMO ML's approach was vindicated.

I think ML was right to run down the clock. How many times have we seen them try to "play to win" only to have 2-3 incompletions, running no time off, and giving the other team time to score? Hell look at the playoff game against the 49ers last year, and that was WITH Adams. They can't line up in obvious pass situations and win, just not how their personnel is right now. Looking at the 3rd down play, Rodgers could have run for the 1st, he let his own emotions get the better of him there. IMO ML's approach was vindicated.
The ball was on the 42, they had 2 TO’s left and 55 on the clock and decided to run the clock to 30 I believe and then call TO. You’re at home no time to be conservative when you’re 3-5. Poor clock management

The ball was on the 42, they had 2 TO’s left and 55 on the clock and decided to run the clock to 30 I believe and then call TO. You’re at home no time to be conservative when you’re 3-5. Poor clock management
Part of the reason they're 3-5 is that they've been playing too aggressively when they are not built to play aggressively. ML seemed to actually coach the team he DOES have and not the one he wishes they had or the one Rodgers wishes they had.

Part of the reason they're 3-5 is that they've been playing too aggressively when they are not built to play aggressively. ML seemed to actually coach the team he DOES have and not the one he wishes they had or the one Rodgers wishes they had.
I get that but not sure it’s even aggressive with TO’s left and field position. Maybe on the road you pack it in and play for OT but at home ? Not me

I get that but not sure it’s even aggressive with TO’s left and field position. Maybe on the road you pack it in and play for OT but at home ? Not me
The dub says otherwise, and speaks loudly in a season where dubs have slipped through their fingers left and right.

The ball was on the 42 with 55 seconds left.

Winners go for it. We only needed to get about 30 yards and with 2 timeouts had the middle of the field and runs to work with. It didn't require bombs, it required urgency and fast pace plays. It just needed some confidence and a winner's attitude.

So let's factor in we've sucked previously. But, then let's also factor in that the passing game started clicking. Then let's also factor in that our defense has been suspect. To not go for it, was bad. We should have tried to win in regulation. And, I don't care where we were playing.

It worked and it was a glorious day, but that last drive was disappointing

Back