Official Game 2 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

Yes. Eastern Time Zone, it's the 11 PM news. Central and Mountain zones, 10 PM. Pacific time zone, 11 PM. The lifestyles are different on both coasts. But, that really applies to major metro areas. Most people outside of those zones have jobs that start earlier each morning.

When my Son worked on Wall Street, he started at 10 AM, and worked until 7 PM. Dinner was about 9 PM. For those of us here in the Midwest, dinner is anywhere from 5 PM to 6 PM. Eating after 6 is kinda "swanky." ;)
Even in Atlanta. When I worked in Buckhead and Midtown I would leave the office at 6 or so, fight traffic and be home about 7:30. Then a drink to take the edge off and 9p dinner was common. What I also found fascinating is the even network shows past midnight in NY, Philadelphia or Boston pulled +5% to +10% over say Nashville or even Chicago

Start the game at 5pm central. ;)

I remember when MNF was on ABC and games started at 9:00p ET.
Had to be some low east coast ratings because unless your team is playing not many will stay up to midnight or later to watch.

Had to be some low east coast ratings because unless your team is playing not many will stay up to midnight or later to watch.
East coast stays up. Always have. Especially big metro markets. Go to NYC (not Time Square tourist trap) bars and restaurants are still active at 1a. Just a different lifestyle. To some extent same here. Bed time for us is 11:00 -11:30 unless you need any early wake up

In California, when we went out to eat at night, rarely left the house before 8 PM. A couple of drinks, and dinner, pushing 11 PM. That's when you'd head to the night spots. Nothing started before 9 PM anywhere. Of course the areas I'm referring to were Sacramento, LA, and the Bay area.

In California, when we went out to eat at night, rarely left the house before 8 PM. A couple of drinks, and dinner, pushing 11 PM. That's when you'd head to the night spots. Nothing started before 9 PM anywhere. Of course the areas I'm referring to were Sacramento, LA, and the Bay area.
Yep, was in LA for a few months temporary. Was so odd to get home at 6:00PT and the NBA or college hoops game that I am used to see a 7p tip is almost over. Now having the Sunday NFL game kick at 10a was nice

Yep, was in LA for a few months temporary. Was so odd to get home at 6:00PT and the NBA or college hoops game that I am used to see a 7p tip is almost over. Now having the Sunday NFL game kick at 10a was nice
I never got home too early out in California. I rarely saw the start of any games. My work pretty much kept me out 7 days a week, so the days ran together. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world. All part of life's experiences.

I never got home too early out in California. I rarely saw the start of any games. My work pretty much kept me out 7 days a week, so the days ran together. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world. All part of life's experiences.
I was jaded because it was company paid but I loved it. Had a great apartment, great location and could avoid the freeways to get around

Back