Official Green Bay vs Carolina Thread

Depends which GB team shows up. You let Carolina hang around it's going to be a nail bitter.

It will be interesting if the Panthers employ same tactics as Broncos. Do they have the DB'S to match up one on one and win those battles? It's gonna be up to the WR's to start getting desperation and,possibly the line having a better protection day, in order for the offense to rebound and be,successful. Defensively, have a feeling Cam will be running a bit more and look for the TE to be a focus of their offense. This will be a great test for this team.

most of the time, rodgers has had plenty of time to throw. he's not as decisive and confident (and accurate) as he used to be and i have no idea why. i think it is possible there's a medical issue that isn't being talked about. but i also am not blind to the fact that our receivers are not getting open. there were some plays against denver where they all just seemed to give up - like literally stop moving with a defender just standing there with them, leaving rodgers holding the ball and having to throw it away or eat it.

I think Aaron't problem is between the ears and a confidence issue with his young WRs other than Cobb and JJ. Rodgers has to learn to trust the young guys. I don't know if Carolina's DBs can blanket people like the Broncos did. It didn't help that RichRod had a very poor game in Denver and he isn't the type of TE that gives defenses pause. RR has nice hands but is not fleet of foot in the least. Our O line has to have a better day too and open up holes for Lacy and Starks. If we can get a running game going that will help open up the passing game too. I'm not all that confident going into this game. :( Our guys haven't played well in a couple of weeks. I hope they get out of this funk starting today. FCC(

DEN gives up 5.8 YPP CAR 5.6
DEN gives up 178 YPG passing CAR 228
DEV allowed 7 pass TD CAR 5
DEN opp QB rating 69.6 CAR 64.5

CAR is not as good as DEN overall but their defense is still good. They don't play scared and they aren't afraid to hit you.

I'll echo (again) what Pugger just said. And I know this is probably DHH( by now. But Arod has to get over his "trust" issues with his young recievers. Coaches need to get them involved more. It's becoming too much of an excuse. If after a year and a half they are still so bad you can't use them much then TT/MM screwed up big time in keeping them. Too late in the season to find replacements so find a way to use them.

So is Harris in the doghouse? If Lacy is really still hurting then why haven't they used Harris more?

Last edited:
I'll echo (again) what Pugger just said. And I know this is probably DHH( by now. But Arod has to get over his "trust" issues with his young recievers. Coaches need to get them involved more. It's becoming too much of an excuse. If after a year and a half they are still so bad you can't use them much then TT/MM screwed up big time in keeping them. Too late in the season to find replacements so find a way to use them.

So is Harris in the doghouse? If Lacy is really still hurting then why haven't they used Harris more?

I think the overall theme is that MM has been very slow to adjust to the issues this year. The 6-0 start covered up some warts and took away some urgency but last week's butt whooping hopefully served as a wake up call.

It will be interesting if the Panthers employ same tactics as Broncos. Do they have the DB'S to match up one on one and win those battles? ...

didn't i read somewhere that the panthers have the best cornerback in the league? josh norman has 16 passes defended, four interceptions (two of them pick-sixes).

didn't i read somewhere that the panthers have the best cornerback in the league? josh norman has 16 passes defended, four interceptions (two of them pick-sixes).

Yes, he's been playing very well and not coincidentally he missed the beat down Carolina suffered at Lambeau last year when AR threw all over them.

Yes, he's been playing very well and not coincidentally he missed the beat down Carolina suffered at Lambeau last year when AR threw all over them.

so i guess we're looking at another game where randall cobb does absolutely nothing and aaron rodgers is afraid to pass to anyone else. sh))

Back