The Green Bay Packers will play their first home game in nearly four weeks on Sunday when they host the Miami Dolphins.
- It is the Packers’ lone game at Lambeau Field over a 47-day span (Oct. 16-Dec. 1).
- The Packers have won three of the last four matchups with the Dolphins, including the last time they played (27-24 at Miami in 2014).
- In the 2014 contest, QB Aaron Rodgers threw for 264 yards, three touchdowns, zero interceptions and a passer rating of 99.7. Trailing by four points with just over two minutes to play, Rodgers led the Packers on an 11-play, 60-yard drive and connected with TE Andrew Quarless for a 4-yard game-winning TD with three seconds remaining.
- It will be latest date that Miami has played in Green Bay since Dec. 8, 1985.
- Seven of the last 10 matchups between the Packers and Dolphins have been decided by single digits.
- Green Bay has scored 20-plus points against Miami in each of the last six games.
- Sunday will be the second of three games the Packers will play in a 12-day span, as they will be back on the road traveling back out west to take on the Seattle Seahawks on a Thursday night. It is the Packers’ second Thursday night game at Seattle (Week 1 in 2014).
WITH THE CALL
CBS will broadcast the game to a regional audience with play-by-play man Kevin Harlan and analyst Rich Gannon handling the call from the broadcast booth and Steve Tasker reporting from the sidelines.
- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and twotime Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) call the action. McCarren first joined the team’s broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 24th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 20th season of broadcasts together. In Week 1, they surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).
- ESPN Radio will air the game across the country. Jason Benetti (play-by-play) and Bill Polian (analyst) will call the action.
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game on Channel 714.
Dolphins at Packers:
- Regular season, all-time: 4-10
- All-time postseason: 0-0
- Streaks: The Packers have won three of the last four meetings.
- Last meeting, regular season: Oct. 12, 2014, Sun Life Stadium, Packers won, 27-24
Mike McCarthy: 134-82-2, .619 (incl. 10-8 postseason); 13th NFL season
Adam Gase: 21-21, .500 (incl. 0-1 postseason); 3rd NFL season
Head to Head: 0-0
vs. Opponent: McCarthy 2-1 vs. Dolphins; Gase 0-0 vs. Packers
MIKE McCARTHY...Is in his 13th year as the Packers' 14th head coach.
- Led Green Bay to its eighth consecutive playoff appearance in 2016, tied for the fourth-longest streak in NFL history. Has led the team to nine playoff appearances in the last 11 years (2007, 2009-16).
- Ranks second in franchise history in total victories, trailing only Curly Lambeau.
- Guided the Packers to top-10 finishes in scoring in eight straight seasons (2007-14), joining the Patriots as the only other team to accomplish the feat over that span; Packers led the league in scoring in 2014.
- Reached the 100-win plateau faster than any active NFL head coach, needing just 155 games.
- Joined Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren as the only coaches to guide the Packers to a Super Bowl title with a win over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.
- In his first season as a head coach in 2016, directed the Dolphins to a 10-6 record and playoff berth, the team’s best record and first playoff appearance since 2008
- In 2015, was the offensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears, and helped improve their rushing attack from No. 27 in the NFL in 2014 to No. 11.
- Also in 2015, helped Chicago QB Jay Cutler reach the highest passer rating (92.3) of his career.
- Prior to joining the Bears, spent six seasons (2009-14) with the Denver Broncos, during which the team compiled a 58-38 (.604) regular-season record, won four AFC West titles and earned a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Also spent time as an assistant coach for the Detroit Lions (2003-07) and San Francisco 49ers (2008).
- Green Bay and Miami have played 14 times, with the first meeting taking place in the Orange Bowl, on Dec. 19, 1971.
- The Dolphins won the first eight games against the Packers, but Green Bay has won four of the last six.
- Eight of the 14 games have been played in Miami, with the Dolphins winning the first six matchups and the Packers taking the last two.
- Seven of the last 10 games between the two have been decided by single digits.
Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin was the Dolphins’ head coach from 2012-15...Green Bay associate head coach/linebackers Winston Moss is aMiami native and was a four-year letterman at the University of Miami…Packers G Justin McCray is also from Miami and played collegiately at Central Florida...Green Bay TE Jimmy Graham played basketball at the University of Miami for four seasons (2005-09) and also played football in 2009 for the Hurricanes...Packers LB Antonio Morrison played at the University of Florida from 2012-15...Green Bay special teams coordinator Ron Zook served as an assistant coach at Florida from 1991-95 and then as head coach for three seasons (2002-04)...Packers assistant offensive line coach Jeff Blasko was an offensive quality control coach at Florida in 2011...Green Bay WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling is from St. Petersburg, Fla., and played at South Florida... Packers WR Geronimo Allison (Riverview) and LB James Crawford (Fort Lauderdale) are also from the state of Florida...Dolphins assistant linebackers coach Charlie Bullen played at St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wis. ...Miami run game coordinator/running backs coach Eric Studesville is from Madison, Wis., and played collegiately at Wisconsin-Whitewater...Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, offense – pass game coordinator Jim Hostler and quarterbacks coach Frank Cignetti Jr. coached in San Francisco during Dolphins RB Frank Gore’s time with the 49ers...Miami assistant defensive line coach Andre Carter also played in San Francisco in 2005 while McCarthy was the 49ers’ offensive coordinator and Hostler was the quarterbacks coach...Dolphins tight ends coach Shane Day coached in San Francisco with Cignetti and Hostler during the 2007 season...Gore also played in Indianapolis with Morrison and while Philbin, Hostler and Green Bay assistant special teams coach Maurice Drayton served on the Colts’ coaching staff...Graham played alongside Dolphins WR Kenny Stills for two seasons (2013-14) in New Orleans...Miami defensive backs coach Tony Oden also worked on the Saints’ coaching staff from 2010-11 during Graham’s first two years with the team...Cignetti and Green Bay running backs coach Ben Sirmans coached in St. Louis from 2012-15, working alongside Miami assistant head coach/linebackers Frank Bush for three seasons (2013-15)...Packers TE Lance Kendricks, Miami WR Danny Amendola, DE Robert Quinn and S T.J. McDonald all played together for the Rams during that time period as well...Amendola, Carter and Dolphins RB Brandon Bolden played in New England while Packers defense – run game coordinator/inside linebackers coach Patrick Graham coached for the Patriots...Green Bay TE Marcedes Lewis teamed with Miami DE Andre Branch, T Sam Young and DT Ziggy Hood in Jacksonville...Oden also served on the Jaguars’ coaching staff in 2012 while Lewis was with the team...Young and Dolphins LB Kiko Alonso played in Buffalo in 2013 while Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine served in the same role for the Bills...Green Bay T/G Byron Bell played in Tennessee in 2015 while Miami assistant head coach/ offense Shawn Jefferson was the Titans’ wide receivers coach...Pettine was the head coach in Cleveland while Miami offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains (2014) and defensive quality control coach Rusty McKinney (2014- 15) served on the Browns’ coaching staff...Pettine and Hostler also coached in Baltimore while Dolphins assistant special teams coach Marwan Maalouf served in the same role for the Ravens and offensive line coach Jeremiah Washburn worked in Baltimore’s personnel department...Packers tight ends coach Brian Angelichio worked in the same role in Tampa Bay while Miami C/G Ted Larsen and DT Akeem Spence played for the Buccaneers and Oden coached the team’s secondary/cornerbacks...Oden also coached Green Bay secondary coach Jason Simmons for two seasons (2004-05) in Houston while Simmons played safety for Texans...Bush also served as a senior defensive assistant for Houston in 2007 while Simmons was still with the team... Packers defense – pass game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. coached in Atlanta in 2007 while Dolphins head strength and conditioning coach Dave Puloka worked on the Falcons’ strength staff...Bullen worked as a student assistant (2007-08) and then as a graduate assistant (2009-11) at Iowa while Packers T Bryan Bulaga and DL Mike Daniels played for the Hawkeyes...Green Bay wide receivers coach David Raih also served as a graduate assistant at Iowa from 2010-12...Sirmans coached alongside Dolphins wide receivers coach Ben Johnson at Boston College from 2009-11...Former college teammates include: Packers CB Tony Brown, P JK Scott, Dolphins RB Kenyan Drake and S Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama), Packers CB Bashaud Breeland, Branch and LB Stephone Anthony (Clemson), Packers WR J’Mon Moore and Dolphins DE Charles Harris (Missouri), Packers QB DeShone Kizer, WR Equanimeous St. Brown and Dolphins TE Durham Smythe (Notre Dame), Packers RB Tra Carson and Alonso (Oregon), Packers LB Nick Perry and McDonald (Southern California), Packers DL Kenny Clark and Dolphins C Jake Brendel (UCLA).