Official Week 17 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

Father time catches up with everyone eventually, but I think he’s capable of more than he’s shown for 90% of the season. Theyve been winning as a team, but he has another level to get to even if it’s diminished from 2020.
With how he's talked at times this year this could be his last game ever played if the Packers lose so I can see him if this is his last rodeo not wanting to go out like that so he throws everything he has into winning.

With how he's talked at times this year this could be his last game ever played if the Packers lose so I can see him if this is his last rodeo not wanting to go out like that so he throws everything he has into winning.
I’ve almost been getting opposite vibes recently. There is no urgency to his game or to the games themselves. Feeling more and more that it’s a done deal he’s coming back.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was," Toby Keith. It will be Rodgers Sunday Night. I wish it were an afternoon game so we wouldn't be dealing with the cold. If it was an afternoon game, I'm sure he'd be Rodgers of old. The cold of Sunday Night chills my opinion a bit.

I’ve almost been getting opposite vibes recently. There is no urgency to his game or to the games themselves. Feeling more and more that it’s a done deal he’s coming back.
In some ways I sense that he’s more come to grips the situation. It’s like that zen thing

In some ways I sense that he’s more come to grips the situation. It’s like that zen thing
I’m just combining ML/Gute comments with the general seeming “malaise” around the whole idea. I don’t feel anything in the air that this is his last go, everyone is kind acting like he’ll be back. I have no idea of course.

I’m just combining ML/Gute comments with the general seeming “malaise” around the whole idea. I don’t feel anything in the air that this is his last go, everyone is kind acting like he’ll be back. I have no idea of course.
Yeah guess on my part too obviously. He’s a hard read

That's nice and all but if Quay didn't do it in 16 games then it's not the same record.
True but shows this kid might develop into something. Walker has flashed at times this season to show what talent he has but still shows that he's a rookie learning were he takes bad angles to plays and gets taken out of the play.

True but shows this kid might develop into something. Walker has flashed at times this season to show what talent he has but still shows that he's a rookie learning were he takes bad angles to plays and gets taken out of the play.
I do think he can play, he clearly has talent, but I think his strengths and weaknesses were evident at GA (as a number of people here - not me, I didnt know at the time - pointed out). He is not a thumper inside, he's not instinctive filling gaps inside, it takes him too much time to process that stuff, he's tentative inside and consequently gets beat up and washed out - so many big runs up the gut this year were on him. On the other hand he's a phenomenal athlete, he's really good in coverage, he can run and chase like a bat out of hell. There's an element of forcing a square peg into a round hole in GB trying to force him into a pure ILB role. He's more of an outside backer, maybe a WILL backer in a 4-3. He's been better lately because they are actually lining him up outside more than they had been.

Back