Official Week 8 Green Bay vs LA Rams Thread

Points to ponder.

1) It's quite possible that the Rams may be without Cooper Kupp (day-to-day, knee) for this game, and he has been a significant target in the Rams passing game.
2) Packers get Alexander and Breeland into the defensive game plan this week.
3) It wouldn't surprise me to see Pettine go with 6 DB's (5 CB's and 1 Safety) a lot in this game. It would give him the flexibility of walking Multiple DB's towards the LOS before the snap and disguising a lot of blitz packages. It could create some confusion at times for Goff, who seems vastly improved this year, but is still not a seasoned veteran like a Matt Stafford. (stay tuned on this one).
4) Packers get Cobb and Allison back for this one, so it should open up the entire play book (Hello!? Mike!?) and with a hopefully 100% Rodgers, the offense shouldn't have any excuses for being "limited in scope".

I think the Packers find a way to keep the Rams from completely running away with this game. But, still, I just don't feel confident in them pulling out a "W" on the road in LA.
Rams - 27
Packers - 24

Man, we just gave up 30 to SF's B squad at home. One rookie CB will rejoin the D since then. The only way LA scores less than 40 on us is if they pull their starters.

Man, we just gave up 30 to SF's B squad at home. One rookie CB will rejoin the D since then. The only way LA scores less than 40 on us is if they pull their starters.

Scary, ain't it? If by some stretch of the imagination the Packers win, we're going to be hearing about this being a team of destiny on their way to a Lombardi Trophy.

If we do win, we'll be back to normal the following week, and probably get a wedgie when we visit the Pats.

I don't see a win, but I think they find a way to keep it close(ish).

I'm going 38-30 Rams. We have some redzone problems again and are forced to kick 3 FGs.

Scary, ain't it? If by some stretch of the imagination the Packers win, we're going to be hearing about this being a team of destiny on their way to a Lombardi Trophy.

If we do win, we'll be back to normal the following week, and probably get a wedgie when we visit the Pats.

It's not that the Rams are some unstoppable force. Every year there is some unstoppable force team that gets shut down at some point but GB doesn't have the D formula to do it. Without fail, those defenses can rush with 4. We don't have the personnel to do it, we are not built that way, so there's no reason to expect them to pull a rabbit out of the hat with this one. That front 7 needs a near total rebuild.

some not-so-fun facts:

• 51.5 percent (35-of-68) of the Rams possessions have ended inside of the red zone, the highest rate in the league. League average outside of them is 27.4 percent.
  • The Rams are +57 in point differential in the first half and +50 in the second half, the best in the league in both halves.
  • The Rams turn 32.6 percent of their first down plays into another first down, the highest rate in the league. League average is 23.2 percent.
  • Todd Gurley's 14 touchdowns are tied for the most ever through the opening seven games of a season, joining Priest Holmes in 2002 and 2004.
  • Gurley leads the league in runs for five or more yards (59), 10 or more yards (19) and first downs (40) while gaining positive yardage on 88.2 percent of his carries, the highest rate in the league.
  • Gurley leads the league in opportunities inside of the red zone (56), inside of the 10-yard line (30) and inside of the 5-yard line (13).
  • 37.1 percent (13-of-35) of Gurley's targets this season have come inside of the red zone, the highest rate in the league.

rams 45 packers 24

This is the start of a brutal 4 game stretch that will tell us if the Packers really have any shot at a playoff run of if they'll be looking to draft high with a new head coach.

Even if the Packers lose, which they most certainly will (I'd think). I'd at least like to see them compete, show us that they belong on the same field as the Rams. I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd probably say that won't happen. But, nothing would surprise me anymore in the NFL.

Rams won't go undefeated, someone will beat them. The Packers are relatively healthy and off a bye week. So who knows.
If this game show that the Rams are a varsity team and the Packers are a JV team, that will probably be the begging to the end of the MM era.

Rams 37
Packers 24

I'll admit that against the numbers it appears that we stand no chance, but since our team can look like the biggest losers/winners lately, I'll have to go on the bright side and say that they only loose by 17. :confused:

One thing I would realy like to see is MM go with the two young WR over Cobb. They have shown enough that they should get as much playing time as they can right now to form a good bond with Arod and get experience. Cobb is gone after this year anyway. but will MM be able to get over himself and do something like that?

I've heard it around and on here that GB has as hot because MM has two weeks to game plan. I think the more accurate assessment is that Arod has two weeks to study film so he knows how to change the plays that MM gives him to have a shot at winning.

Like I said in my original post I still think GB pulls this one out of it's butt because Arod will do what he does. But just as much of a chance that LA blows GB out of the water.....

This is a tough one to figure.

Back