Packer Special Teams

Joe Judge failed as a HC but was a good ST coordinator before then. Rich Bisaccia is also very well respected. Both guys would cost money but if you want to change the culture on ST I think that's the type of hire you need to make.

Any other names to keep an eye on?

Joe Judge failed as a HC but was a good ST coordinator before then. Rich Bisaccia is also very well respected. Both guys would cost money but if you want to change the culture on ST I think that's the type of hire you need to make.

Any other names to keep an eye on?
Two good names for starters rp.
But Judge most likely has offset language in his contract and would lose money by coming to GB unless they paid him what he would have made this year in NY.
Bisaccia probably doesn’t, so he’d have a leg up.

NOLA, NYG, LV, and HOU we’re all top 15 ranked special teams in 2021, and all are changing HC’s. So you might find a candidate in there as well

Last edited:
Two good names for starters rp.
But Judge most likely has offset language in his contract and would lose money by coming to GB unless they paid him what he would have made this year in NY.
Bisaccia probably doesn’t, so he’d have a leg up.

NOLA, NYG, LV, and HOU we’re all top 15 ranked special teams in 2021, and all are changing HC’s. So you might find a candidate in there as well
If you have off-set would be that NY would just pay him the difference from what they owe him minus GB owed him would not lose money. Actually would have chance to double dip if there was no off-set meaning NY owes him full amount and gets paid by GB.

If you have off-set would be that NY would just pay him the difference from what they owe him minus GB owed him would not lose money. Actually would have chance to double dip if there was no off-set meaning NY owes him full amount and gets paid by GB.
99% sure there is an offset. It’s pretty standard

Rumor, from someone on the Chicago beat View attachment 459
If true Packers are going for a good coach and not a cheap guy you find at the dollar store. Now question is can they draft well enough in the late rounds to find good players to fill out ST roster

It'll be interesting if they hire a known competent coach for special teams. It will squarely put the spotlight on the "talent" part of the equation. If they still suck then it likely will make it clearer where the problem is. If they don't suck, then maybe going cheap on the coaching side for years is the real problem.

Personally the problem is both coaching and talent. I don't think a great coach will make Packers special team top-10, but I think it will make them better. Now they need to commit to keeping a handful of players purely for their special teams ability and time to tell young guys who can't (or won't) play special teams that it's time to find a new team.

Back