Packers 2020 Financials

The facility is outdated. I've been in it. It's functional, but quite honestly, it's more of a pole barn with amenities. I can understand why they want to build a real facility that would be state of the art. A medical center inside of it, complete with x-ray, physical therapy, I'd think at least one, maybe two pools, for conditioning and rehab, complete corporate offices, and all the things that will help them create the environment they want for the team and players.

The days of putting on your uniform in a cold boiler room, and showering in a long open bay shower room with slippery floors, and baskets for your clothes are not what works today.

As much as I like having everything at Lambeau, reality says they should build what they want, outside the immediate area, where they can conduct business without the rush of the crowd surrounding the stadium.

I think we'll see it happen fairly quickly. It will be Murphy's legacy.
Didn’t a medical group already move into Titletown District?

Just picked this off of the Packers website:

In addition to the happenings in Titletown, the Packers are planning to expand the football operations area in the southeast side of the stadium, doubling the size of the CRIC (conditioning, rehabilitation and instructional center) and moving the coaching offices to that part of the building.

I guess this indicates they won’t be relocating/building a training facility off-site sonewhere

Didn’t a medical group already move into Titletown District?
Yes I believe Bellin moved there. A world renowed foot/ankle doctor works there players in all sports come see him.

Just picked this off of the Packers website:

I guess this indicates they won’t be relocating/building a training facility off-site sonewhere
I figured they would not Packers are set in their ways they want everything to be centrally located.

Next year, they strip the entire roster down, and start over. They have no choice.

Their idea of a FA to grab will be anyone with a pulse. I actually believe they're looking at dumping Crosby at this point, to save money. This whole thing has turned into a cluster.

Their idea of a FA to grab will be anyone with a pulse. I actually believe they're looking at dumping Crosby at this point, to save money. This whole thing has turned into a cluster.
Won't cut Crosby this year he's close to Rodgers. Maybe after this year possible

Agree GBP. This seems like it's becoming an all-in scenario for 2021. They have a CAP mess for 2022. They can maybe keep a guy or two, but basically any player that can save them a few million in CAP space will be gone. For this year, they are fine and I think they'll stand pat, maybe they'll even acquire one more guy to help as cuts come down.

To get under the CAP they absolutely need to trade AR and there's likely no way to keep Adams. That will still leave them $25-30mil over. To save that money, Turner, PSmith, Amos, Cobb and Lowrey at a minimum need to go. That would get you under, but likely just barely. If you need space to keep someone else or sign a FA, then ZSmith probably has to go as well (saves another $15+mil). Crosby would get you another $2.4mil but that's not really enough to make a big difference.

Despite what people, including me, say about their mediocre drafting and talent acquisition skills, their biggest problem is they have too many really high level players that command big contracts. BakhT, Clark, and Jones are commanding big dollars now, and Adams will get big money next season. Going forward you are likely looking at big paydays for Jenkins and Alexander along with maybe Tonyan.

I have a hunch we end up losing Jenkins, Alexander, and Tonyan because of money. Sad, but true. Of course, all the people I'm talking about losing are next year. This year is an all out push to go as far as possible.

Back