Malcolm Johnson TE
Jake Kumerow WR
Robert Tonyan TE
Chandon Sullivan CB
Tony Brown CB
Tyler Lancaster 34DT
Allen Lazard WR
Yosuah Nijman LT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bring back Bulaga, Williams, Crosby, Vitale, Martinez and Lazard for sure. Fackrell, Kumerow, Tonyan, and Sullivan I would like to see back, but not gonna hurt my feelings if they aren't. The rest I don't care if they leave or come back.

I also am bring back Graham and Taylor. Graham is not doing nearly as bad as some here think. Taylor would be great depth when healthy.

Lazard has come through in such a way that he may be offered a decent salary elsewhere, forcing the Packers to choose whether to let him go, or keep him. It could get a little more costly than they want.

I hate to say it, but the Packers may not bring enough to the table to keep Crosby. I think they need some of that cap room to cure other ills. That said, how they treated him with his family problems seems to have been positive in the end. I'm getting the impression that the "camp competition" was nothing more than having someone on board to fill in, while he was tending to family business. I have a hunch he's going to be signed long term, with what will be a team friendly, last contract, offer. He's been a phenomenal kicker for the Pack.

It's difficult seeing where they will go with so many guys needing contracts. If it gets too costly with a few, you need to shop in the bargain basement for the rest. The 2020 draft, no matter how good it is, won't bring in experienced people to make an impact immediately. They need to grow into their roles on the team.

It's going to be interesting, seeing what they do.

Fackrell is underrated. He can cover, surprised they don't put him on TEs more. Vitale is a TE style FB. Given our TEs, I'm surprised we haven't used him more like that.

Make Crosby an offer. He's proved he can get it done in weather. Bulaga, if he wants to play the swing T.

UFAs -
Bryan Bulaga RT - keep if possible on a shorter deal.
Mason Crosby K - keep on a modest raise. He's solid and can easily go another few years at a high level.
Ibraheim Campbell S - I'd try to keep him on a modest deal.
Tyler Ervin RB - something around minimum ought to do it.
Dan Vitale FB - another minimum deal sort of guy.
Blake Martinez ILB - I bring him back but it's got to be under $6mil/yr

RFA-
Lucas Patrick C - offer the lowest "first refusal" tender
Will Redmond CB - also a lowest priced tender type guy

The ERFA's can all come back. They don't really have a choice if you are willing to offer them a qualifying minimum salary deal. They'll all be basically minimum deals for one year and no problem cutting them if you find someone better.

Jimmy Graham and Lane Taylor should be gone. They are not even close to being worth their contracts at this point and you'll need their money to keep other guys and maybe grab a better free agent.

Tons of good WRs in this draft, but if we're going for a ring for Aaron, can we wait two years for development?

That's why I think they'd consider Odell. He's a problem child, but so was Charles Woodson. I think it would be a low risk move, being that his contract is written to compensate for him being a head case. Easy outs. Just don't overpay.

Tons of good WRs in this draft, but if we're going for a ring for Aaron, can we wait two years for development?

That's why I think they'd consider Odell. He's a problem child, but so was Charles Woodson. I think it would be a low risk move, being that his contract is written to compensate for him being a head case. Easy outs. Just don't overpay.
I don't dismiss the Odell option right outta hand, but I think Browns' asking price may be higher than we think, and I can all but guarantee OBJ holding out in 2021 for more guaranteed money...

My current preference is to use a high pick to draft a WR outta this class, and add a UFA vet especially if said great WR class brings FA price tags down. This would leave cap space to use at another position.

Back