Packers 2021 Free agents

You have nothing behind Clark this is already one of the worst DL's in the NFL you take out Clark it will be the worst DL in the NFL. Outside of Clark you would be hard pressed to put any of these other guys as a starter on any other team in the NFL and even the backups would struggle to find jobs on a lot of teams. IMO you sign Clark and build DL around him. Bak is going to be 29 years old in Sept. He has already shown signs of issues with his back. While I want him back I am going to be careful on how much I want to pay him Will he only last another 2-3 more years until his body breaks down?

Packer players are always higher valued by the team and its fans than they are by the rest of the NFL. You might be able to trade Clark but you won't get as much for him as people might think. Better off signing him and keeping him. Pack doesn't have much else.

As for Bak, depends on what he wants. Don't overpay for a guy showing signs of slowing down.

I'm not sure if the free-agent market will be very active or very good. A lot can happen between now and then .

To keep Clark and BahkT you need to find at least $30mil more CAP space for 2021. That means cutting Lowry, Turner and Kirksey. Likely you would also need to cut Wagner if you find a serviceable RT from this year's back-ups. That might not be enough though if things get pricey for BahkT.

Jones is gone. Williams won't be expensive so you might keep him. Might also be able to keep King if things don't get too pricey for him.

If Gary comes on this year it might also give you the opportunity to part ways with Preston Smith which would free up another $8mil. Not the most desirable move but they are in a tough CAP spot for next year.

Bakhtiari won't be resigned for a contract that's out of control. They'll be grooming a player this year, who can step in on the left, if necessary. Some team will probably be willing to over pay for him, so it ends up our loss.

I still believe that compensation is not fair with free agents. I believe that when someone is taken, you aren't given a sandwich pick, you're given the team who signed the guy's pick. It would make teams a lot more hesitant to make the call, and spend stupidly.

If Gary comes on this year it might also give you the opportunity to part ways with Preston Smith which would free up another $8mil. Not the most desirable move but they are in a tough CAP spot for next year.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, 57. I think Preston Smith will be let go after this year. I also think they will move on from Bak. JMO. And let's not forget....they can release AR in 2022. If there is a way they can some how make it work to sign Aaron Jones, Clark, and King to keep that core together for Jordan Love (Ugh) then I think they will.

Nah, I think both Smiths stay put, they may re-work Z to free up some short term space. I think Amos and Turner are gone after this year.

If Gary comes on this year I absolutely don't count on him until he shows it two seasons in a row. No way I'd get rid of one of the Smiths cause Gary gave you one season. Especially considering his history of questionable commitment.

I don't know anyone wants to cut Smith. He had double digit sacks. You don't cut good players to save money esp when you don't have much else on the D. Rather cut Rodgers then Smith

Smith Bros make our secondary look better with their pressure. You lose one or both, and the DBs get burnt. You can't sustain 10 second coverage.

Back