Packers 2022 End of Year report card

Yup, Tonyan is a nice story, but he'll be 29 yrs old this season in year 7; he's peaked. If they want to bring him back on some near-minimum deal for depth, fine, but I don't see how he's the answer as a playmaker at TE. They need to bring in some new blood.

Lazard is gone. He's still pissed off about not getting a long-term deal last summer. Multiple sources say he gets a $10+mil/yr deal and that doesn't make sense for the Packers.

Yup, Tonyan is a nice story, but he'll be 29 yrs old this season in year 7; he's peaked. If they want to bring him back on some near-minimum deal for depth, fine, but I don't see how he's the answer as a playmaker at TE. They need to bring in some new blood.

Lazard is gone. He's still pissed off about not getting a long-term deal last summer. Multiple sources say he gets a $10+mil/yr deal and that doesn't make sense for the Packers.
He won't come close to 10 million a year. That's what near MVS got and he at least has the speed to take the top off the defense. Lazard has turtle speed. I can't see him getting more than 5 million a year offer.

Back