Packers 2022 Thread

Or thinking Benkert will pass through waivers, and they can bring him back on the practice squad, if they can't find anyone else to stash there.

Or thinking Benkert will pass through waivers, and they can bring him back on the practice squad, if they can't find anyone else to stash there.
Is he PS eligible? Risk there is any team can sign him

If he's gone, he's gone. I don't think they care that much to be honest. But, if he does happen to be available at the end, he could be added to the practice squad. I believe they're allowing vets on the list?

Benkert is nothing special guy has spent 4 years in NFL and all of it on the PS but when he was on roster due to covid.

So as of right now 24 picks remained unsigned from 2022 draft which 13 are 2nd round picks and includes Packers 2nd round pick Chrisitan Watson.

Makes you think that these picks are pushing for larger guaranted portions of their contract then teams are willing to pay. Who blinks first the team or the player to sign?

The issues was in 2021 the Texans guaranteed fully the 3rd year of their 37th overall pick Jalen Pitre. In 2021 the 34th overall pick got $1 million out of $1.472 million guaranteed. Watson and the other players likely want that full 3rd year guaranted. Seems that this should not be much of a issue when talking about $500K or less to guarantee for a team. But I am guessing teams are worried they guarantee the rest of the 3rd year next step is guaranting all 4 years which they want to put off as long as possible.

Last edited:
Back