Packers 2022 Thread

The larger decision is how to you deal with #10. 3 choices. 5th year option (unlikely) , short term extension or let him walk. That’s on Gute and ML to figure out
I think they will take as much time as they can on Love, and then try to do with him what they did with Aaron, basically pay him a middle tier QB contract that pays him like a quasi starter until he can prove he's better than that. Love will not have a trade market IMO, I liked what I saw out of him this pre-season for US but he didn't exactly go out there and look like the next big thing (which is fine, I only note it in terms of possible trade market).

I think they will take as much time as they can on Love, and then try to do with him what they did with Aaron, basically pay him a middle tier QB contract that pays him like a quasi starter until he can prove he's better than that. Love will not have a trade market IMO, I liked what I saw out of him this pre-season for US but he didn't exactly go out there and look like the next big thing (which is fine, I only note it in terms of possible trade market).
I see this playing out much the same way. The only thing is, not sure if he does not have a trade market….it’s such a bad pool now that he could bring interest. That said, doubtful the assets back make sense would be enough to pull the trigger

I see this playing out much the same way. The only thing is, not sure if he does not have a trade market….it’s such a bad pool now that he could bring interest. That said, doubtful the assets back make sense would be enough to pull the trigger
Yeah exactly. When I said no trade market, I meant no market that would entice GB to actually move him. Unless, of course, they have internally given up on him, which I don't see and would be a whole separate discussion and can of worms.

The depth chart is almost exactly where I expected it would be on offense. On defense, I wasn't certain before, or now.

Back